Search

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 1998, 12:29 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

has anybody had any experience with priority pass? it's an agreement with several airlines (tw, nw, co, hp, etc.) to allow members to use any club in the program for a yearly fee of about $300. my twa ambassador and delta crown room memberships are up for renewal, and this may be a more economically efficient membership to have (major drawback -- priority pass members cannot bring in guests without paying an exorbitant "visit fee", but my business travel is mostly just by myself anyway, so it's not a big problem for me).
Old Aug 11, 1998, 4:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I am a member of IAPA (International Airlines Passanger Association). They offer Priority-pass-memberships (I didn't sign) for a lot less - but if I remember correctly the charge for each visit/person would be US$25.

May be the program you can sign is different (free visits, but high membership fee).

When travelling business (or first) with airlines from places were they don't run their own lounge - you often get free vouchers to visit (neutral) clubs which are also open for priority pass members.
Old Aug 11, 1998, 6:13 pm
Original Member

I think that Northwest, Continental, and possibly others use to allow passengers entry to their lounges when they presented an American Express Platinum card. The membership fee on the card was $300 per year.
Hopefully, someone else has information on this and can add to this post.
Old Aug 12, 1998, 6:56 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
One of the many benefits of the AMEX Platinum Card is free access to NW and CO clubs on day of flight. The annual fee for the card is $300, but there are many other benefits also, including:

* Free membership points membership ($25 value or so)
* Free membership in Hertz #1 Club Gold ($50 value or so)
* Free membership in Budget Express ($50 value or so)
* Free membership in National Emerald Club ($50 value or so)
* Concierge and other travel services
* Special events for Platinum members

And all sorts of other good stuff. It's expensive, but if you use the benefits, it can definitely be worth it.
Old Aug 13, 1998, 11:19 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
taken from the 98 IAPA (Internat. Airline Passengers Assoc.):

- access to over 200 airport VIP Lounges
- pay (incl. 25% IAPA discount) $75 or Ł50/year
- plus $21 or Ł14 per person/visit (one guest allowed)

I am a (basic) member of IAPA; I like their engagement in safety issues and sometimes I can use their hotel-guide with special discounts. I don't buy any of their insurancies.

IAPA: www.iapa.co.uk
Old Aug 13, 1998, 11:39 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz President's Circle
thanx, rudi. i will try out priority pass for one year since i plan on being in many airports in the next 12 months where twa and delta don't have clubs, and priority pass associates do (i.e., bangkok, frankfurt, and tel aviv). when i find out how well (or how bad) the pass works, i'll post a, uh, post here on "the buzz". thanx again.
Old Sep 15, 2000, 2:26 pm
Commander Catcop

It has come to my attention I was supposed to do a review of Priority Club and didn't. SO here's how I feel about the program.

Well I have renewed Priority Pass for another year. Philforest signed me up for the program and I have to say while I don't use it much it's a nice back-up program for when you go to an airprot that doesn't have your primary airline's club.

This link from an article I did for www.pinkonline.com could explain things in basic terms:
http://www.pinkonline.com/article/20...airclubs.shtml

I do the 99 dollar a year membership. with this membership YOU ALSO MUST PAY A $21 DOLLAR PER ENTRY FEE. You can bring in yourself and one guest.

SInce I already have a Red Carpet Club membership this suits my needs best. I think I use it like 5-6 times a year. It's especially great at LAS when I can get into the American West Lounge.

If you don't fly a lot this also could be a nice investment as well. At least to get away from the crowds at the gate.

I wish Priority Club would get one more big airline like American or Continental. It's nice to have DELTA on the program, although at the Atlanta airport you have to make sure you use the RIGHT lounge!

Old Sep 15, 2000, 3:05 pm

Ok, here's a question for you. I've never been in an Airline Lounge/Club before. I'm not a business traveler. I have been curious what exactly is in the Lounges? Food, Drinks, etc...? I'm just a bit curious.
Old Sep 15, 2000, 3:17 pm
MD

It varies greatly but the basics are:

1) Comfy chairs
2) Desks to do work at, with Card swipe phones
3) Snacks
4) Beverages - many US lounges charge for alcohol, but elsewhere (Canada, Europe) they are free
5) Televisions, CD players, etc
6) Free newspapers and magazines

Other amenities sometimes include internet access, massage chairs, etc.

They are usually an oasis of calm in an other wise hectic airport.

Hope that this helps to explain the attarction of the lounges.
Old Sep 15, 2000, 3:18 pm

mmackin, the following link may answer many of your questions and offer some general information. Take a look at a Continental Airlines President Club, including a 360 degree Virtual Tour.
https://www.onepass.com/presclub.htm

[This message has been edited by MRLIMO (edited 09-15-2000).]
Old Sep 15, 2000, 3:31 pm

I have been a member for years. It is handy for those awful times when you are stuck in a horrible airport overseas, flight is seriously delayed and you want access to a club. There is a charge for each club entry in addition to the annual fee.

------------------
speedbird001
Old Sep 15, 2000, 5:33 pm

Programs: SK EBD, AX Cent, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Club-A Plat, Avis' PC, CC Gold,Hertz PC, CX Diamond,BA Bronz
I've been a member now for approx. 2 years at the m'ship level where I do not have to pay an entrance fee (Thank you Amex Centurion), and have also tried different other lounges. The PP- facilities in general are not the the most lavish around, both when it comes to facilities and food/drinks, but the staff seems eager to please.
In Europe a lot of the clubs are the same ones provided by DC, so do look this up before you sign up for PP!

Old Sep 15, 2000, 5:57 pm

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
I enjoy the Lounges when I am on a 1st class NW flight. But recently, I was at the DTW airport lounge, when a robust guy sitting across from me put his BARE feet on the cocktail table, which was rather close! His wife took her shoes off also.

It was one of those times, that I gave the 'what' LQQK! Disapproving as possible.

Old Sep 16, 2000, 6:36 am
Commander Catcop

Remember, every club will be different with different ammenities, different services, different sizes (some are smaller than my apartment!)

But for a little investment they are so worth it. Again, if only to escape the crowds and the screaming around the airports.

Another good thing: As suggested by our Friend Rudi, if you see someone outside a club who looks stressed or in need of help who doesn't have a membership, bring them in as your guests on yours. It's what I like to call the International Traveler Goodwill
Pact (travelers help each other.)

One thing I wish my company would do is allow me to pay for my Red Carpet Club membership. I have been fighting since Wanderlust talked me into an RCC membership to get it paid for.
I am told "It's a frivilous expense."

Old Sep 16, 2000, 6:37 am
Commander Catcop

Remember, every club will be different with different ammenities, different services, different sizes (some are smaller than my apartment!)

But for a little investment they are so worth it. Again, if only to escape the crowds and the screaming around the airports.

Another good thing: As suggested by our Friend Rudi, if you see someone outside a club who looks stressed or in need of help who doesn't have a membership, bring them in as your guests on yours. It's what I like to call the International Traveler Goodwill
Pact (travelers help each other.)

One thing I wish my company would do is allow me to pay for my Red Carpet Club membership. I have been fighting since Wanderlust talked me into an RCC membership to get it paid for.
I am told "It's a frivilous expense."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.