Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2005, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Athena53
Good coverage in the US except nothing in SLC, CVG or CLT so far. I find that odd since they're major hubs. But, when I read about the SEA Admiral's Club closing down I looked at the PriorityPass listing: there are 3 available lounges in SEA, none of them the AC. Also very nice not to be at the mercy of one airline's openings and closings.

FYI, The SEA DL club is pretty convenient to the AA gates. No, they cannot help with AA bookings/upgrades/flight status, etc. However, if you're looking for somewhere to crash, it's a great alternative (unlike AA, DL has free hooch). CO Pres Club is right by the WN gates. I don't know much about the NW and UA clubs as they are in satellite terminals. If AS comes online, then SEA would be covered pretty much through the airport!

As for non-revving, I've never had an agent ask for a ticket. They'll want your PP card and a photo I.D. with matching name (as the card is definitely non-transferable). Agents have been very nice; I've always been treated as well as a "regular" club member at each location.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Great thread. Thanks. I'm considering it myself too. Will post if I actually get it
Old Oct 29, 2005, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I'd urge you to try it for a year - if you aren't thrilled with it, don't renew.

Last couple of times I've used it were worth the money alone ...

Redeye SEA - BOS on Alaska that arrived slightly earlier than 7AM scheduled time. Made my way over to Cape Air check-in desk to learn that they would not be open to give boarding passes for almost another 2 hours. The nearby CO Club (located "landside" of security) was open and empty. ^

Southwest connection through PHX. Airport was a madhouse/zoo/mob scene. HP Club was relatively empty. ^
Old Oct 29, 2005, 3:58 pm

Hello fellow FTers,

as I'm considering to become a member of priority pass, does anyone know which lounges they use exactly in Germany and Austria? Couldn't find a detailed lounge directory on their homepage, only the airports where there is a lounge.

As the flight are often done from different terminals it would be interesting to know, which lounge exactly can be used, thus some input would really be appreciated to consider if its worth the money or not.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers - Bastian
Old Oct 29, 2005, 4:23 pm
obs

Programs: BA executive club,priority club Plat Ambassador, Hilton hhonours Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
In Austria it is the grand danube lounge located airside. Nice lounge & good facilities. In Germany they have lounges at Berlin (Tegal,Schonfeld & Tempelhof). Also Bremen, Cologne/Bonn, Dortmund, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hanover, Munich, Munster & Nuremberg.

Hope this helps
Old Oct 29, 2005, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by obs
In Austria it is the grand danube lounge located airside. Nice lounge & good facilities. In Germany they have lounges at Berlin (Tegal,Schonfeld & Tempelhof). Also Bremen, Cologne/Bonn, Dortmund, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hanover, Munich, Munster & Nuremberg.

Hope this helps
Yes it helps, thanks!

Have you any information which lounge they exactly use in DUS, MUC and FRA?

Would be interesting as I often depart from different terminal dependant on the carrier.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA EXPPlat, UA 1K, 9W Silver, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by obs

Hope this helps
Not sure if this was the Grand Danube lounge - I was flying through Vienna on my way from Lubjliana to Frankfurt and used this lounge (wasnt using PriorityPass then - was flying Adria/Austrian). It was airside; - you had to walk up a narrow flight of stairs almost made you wonder where you were heading. Was small, but comfortable. Is there another in VIE that PP might have access to?
Old Oct 29, 2005, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LH835
Hello fellow FTers,

as I'm considering to become a member of priority pass, does anyone know which lounges they use exactly in Germany and Austria? Couldn't find a detailed lounge directory on their homepage, only the airports where there is a lounge.

As the flight are often done from different terminals it would be interesting to know, which lounge exactly can be used, thus some input would really be appreciated to consider if its worth the money or not.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers - Bastian
As was mentioned on another thread recently, there is a PDF file distributed by Priority Pass which lists all of the locations. I have one downloaded and can send it to you if you PM me with your email address.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 7:47 am

Programs: DL PLAT and 2MM;AA EXP;MR GOLD;PC Gold
PriorityPass is a good program

I was a member of PP for about 4 years. Most of my travel is leisure, so I don't spend much time in airports waiting for standby situations to clear nor am I affected by changes in business meetings etc.... The first year unlimited use was only something like $250 with a BESTFARES.COM special. It has gradually crept up to what I believe now is $400.

Another reason I dropped the program is that I am Platinum in WorldPerks (SkyTeam Elite Plus) and this permits unlimited use of Skyteam lounges both domestically and internationally WHILE FLYING ON AN INTERNATIONAL ITINERARY. This was where I most utilized PP because of usually getting to the international airport a little early. Finally, no initiation into WorldClubs for PE and a discounted rate led me to join WC for use when I am on domestic only itineraries.

The biggest negative to the WC membership is that it is only good for DL crown rooms if you are flying Delta coded flights that day.

While a member of PP, I never had a problem finding a lounge that took it in 100% of my travels. Usually, the PP logo is displayed prominently at the lounge entrance along with other affiliated lounge programs.

Happy Travels! Do check out BestFares.COM to see if they still offer some sort of discount. If I recall the discount just about paid for my membership (otherwise worthless membership I might add) to Bestfares.Com.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 8:56 am

Programs: Shiny ones
Useful program

I agree with the previous posters - I've used Priority Pass for years all over the world and it always works (I've even had to have faxed confirmation of membership when I lost a card - and that worked).

One thing to bear in mind if you are thinking of joining for a particular itinerary: make sure they have a lounge in the terminal that you are flying from. Some big airports don't have a Priority Pass lounge in the bit of the airport you have access to for the airline you're travelling with (Chicago and Washington spring to mind).

Sometimes the lounge is a generic airport-run one, which can be a bit basic, but sometimes excellent. Sometimes they use one of the major airline's own lounges - it's very variable.

Sometimes the bill comes off your credit card many months later if it's from a far-flung location, and you don't have the pre-paid form of Priority Pass. I have also brought many friends along as guests, as long as you sign for them (ie you get billed later) they never seem to mind at the desk.

They do need to see your boarding pass - usually so they can tell you when your flight's ready to board.

T/Oe
Old Oct 30, 2005, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TechnoOenology
They do need to see your boarding pass - usually so they can tell you when your flight's ready to board.

T/Oe

Note to non-revvers, etc.: Perhaps internationally they do, but not at domestic lounges in the USA.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 11:13 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
I've been a member of Priority Pass for 18 months, and I've found it useful.

The Hollideck Lounge at LHR T4, whilst it doesn't compare to the airline lounges is, once you've got past the disinterested desk staff, a good lounge with plenty of different areas (flight oberservaton deck, quiet area, internet access etc) to pass the time whilst waiting for your flight.

It's worth noting that at some airports, you have a choice of more than one lounge.

At Geneva, you have a choice of the Swiss International Airlines Horizon lounge and the Salon Jet lounge. The Swiss lounge is, as you'd expect, a good lounge. The Salon Jet lounge feels like a waiting room and just doesn't compare.

In Canada, it's a shame that the Air Canada lounges are no longer part of the programme.

Overall, I've found Priority Pass good value for money, and certainly improves the travel experience. At LHR wandering aimlessly around the shops and sitting in the uncomfortable public areas is frankly depressing.

Last edited by ian001; Oct 30, 2005 at 11:17 am
Old Oct 30, 2005, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
Dus, Muc, Fra

Originally Posted by LH835
Yes it helps, thanks!

Have you any information which lounge they exactly use in DUS, MUC and FRA?

Would be interesting as I often depart from different terminal dependant on the carrier.
LH835,

From the last directory they sent me is the following.

DUS

Hugo Junkers Lounge - Intl. Terminal B
Swissport Lounge - Intl. Terminal C

FRA

Delta Crown Room - Terminal 2
Sky Club Lounge -Terminal 2

MUC

Atlantic Lounge -Terminal 1
Europa Lounge -Terminal 1
Delta Crown Room -Terminal B
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:35 pm

Priority Pass Opinions

I have the Priority Pass Membership through Bank of America with the Accolades AMEX Card. If you are with their Private Banking service you get all of your fees waived.

I was able to use my card at the Continental Airlines lounge at SFO on both my outbound and inbound flights from Maui. This card is a godsend as after checking in with United Airlines I walked over to Terminal 1 to the lounge.

The agent was very nice and the service was above my expectations. I enjoyed the endless complimentary alcohol and the snacks provided. Being able to read the newspaper and take a short nap before the flight allowed me to arrive to Maui relaxed.

Upon returning to SFO after a red-eye flight in First Class I was able to come to the lounge for coffee and an Irish Cream along with Bagels and fruit. It was a nice welcome since United only gave a snack.

I have heard so much about Priority Pass and in the many years of traveling and delays I had longed for airline club access. Now with PP any delays at airports with PP access will be a piece of cake.

I am even going to use the Continental Lounge at SFO since it is airside and I do not even need to be flying to conduct business meetings. For $27 dollars a guest this is a nice way to relax and enjoy the amenities.

I highly recommend PP to any travel guru who wants to arrive fresh even after a long flight in coach. Now if I have to go via Europe to Israel with the long layover I will plan to connect via an airport with PP access.

I think this will be a new requirement of mine when traveling to have lounge access.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 5:15 am

Programs: BA silver, VS, Jet, Carlson gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by danielonn
I am even going to use the Continental Lounge at SFO since it is airside and I do not even need to be flying to conduct business meetings.
You do need to be flying actually, even if the lounge is landside.

One of the conditions for lounge access on PP is that admittance to lounges is strictly subject to cardholders and any guests being in possession of a valid flight ticket for the same day of travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.