Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
My personal peeve are the airports that lack any clubs like OAK and SJD. Usually these are the ones that are in most dire need of one!
Amen to OAK - not only no club but also no decent restaurant. I use them only for day trips to the east bay on southwest. And I try to remember to have a big lunch so that I can get by on airport pickups while waiting for my evening flight back to LAX. At least they have hourly flights and also free wifi at OAK. Last time I flew out of OAK I ended up getting a yogurt parfait for dinner from a stand (there was literally nothing open that sold regular food) and camped out at the gate with my laptop.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:02 pm

Newbie to the Priority Pass

I'm going to be traveling next month on JetBlue's All You Can Jet Pass. I'll be taking some red eye flights into JFK. I'd love to be able to get a shower. I'm new to Priority Pass.

I have the Prestige Membership

I see that JFK has a few lounges that have showers. I'll have time between my next flights so I'd want to get a shower.

Do I just go to these lounges and present my Priority Club card and I'm good to go?

If I wanted to could I go to each one in my few hours of layover and sit in it a bit to check it out?

Lounge: Kal Business Class Lounge
Location: Airside - proceed through X-ray Control situated to the right of the Check-in counters on the 2nd Floor. Then take the elevator to the 3rd Floor where the Lounge is located. Accessible via the Check-in counters as well as Gate Area 3 for pax holding valid boarding pass for a T1 flight.

Lounge Facilities:
Airport: New York (Ny) - J.F. Kennedy International, Terminal 4
Lounge: The Oasis
Location: Landside - the Lounge is located before Security in the East Wing of the terminal (4E), on the 4th Floor.

Lounge Facilities:
Airport: New York (Ny) - J.F. Kennedy International, Terminal 4
Lounge: Swiss Lounge
Location: Landside - Departure Level, 4th Floor. The Lounge is located at the end of Check-in Row 1.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:09 pm

You simply present your PP card at the lounge and will be granted access to any of the clubs listed on their website, yes. You'll be presented with a receipt and your account will automatically be dinged for the visit. Quite simple.

I've been a member for a few years (Merrill Lynch agreement) and have found this an invaluable service since I hop around a lot of different hubs. I use FT to do a quick on-the-fly (no pun intended) evaluation of the club offerings, then pounce on the one with the best reviews.

G
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
I do not think that his account will get "dinged" as he has the prestige membership = unlimited free access. Other than that I think you are right.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA 1P, HHonors Gold, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks!

Thank you all for starting this thread. I am about to use the pass this weekend and was not sure it was worth a try. After reading this thread, definitely giving it a try.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:20 am

Thank you guys for your quick response. I'll be checking them out next month!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:14 am
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by remyontheroad
Neither is spectacular, but I find the HSBC lounge at IST much more pleasant, open and airy and cleaner.

They have a small selection of booze (don't go for the bubbly, but I think it might be there) and a pretty decent spread of breakfast, sandwiches and pastries.

They even some hot food that is not enormously appealing, but pretty decent in a pinch, and soup that's generally pretty good. Strangely, I don't often see broccoli on the menu in restaurants in town, but it's a pretty common to see a tray of (over) steamed broccoli in the hot food corner.

Both the lounges are on the wrong side of the building for tarmac views.

You might find a copy of the English language local paper, but for the most part you'll only get Turkish press.

On the upside, both have free wifi.
Following up on this IST question. I will be flying turkish airways in economy, but planning to purchase PP. can I still access the HSBC lounge, after paying the fee to enter (since I'm planning to buy the cheapest PP off their site). and is there any clothing restrictions. Meaning jeans, running shoes. any issues.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by fadynaime
Following up on this IST question. I will be flying turkish airways in economy, but planning to purchase PP. can I still access the HSBC lounge, after paying the fee to enter (since I'm planning to buy the cheapest PP off their site). and is there any clothing restrictions. Meaning jeans, running shoes. any issues.
First of all, if you are Star Gold you can access the very nice TK lounge even on an economy ticket. But if not, I seriously doubt you will have a problem with jeans and sneakers at this or any other PP lounge that I can think of.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 2:54 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
First of all, if you are Star Gold you can access the very nice TK lounge even on an economy ticket. But if not, I seriously doubt you will have a problem with jeans and sneakers at this or any other PP lounge that I can think of.
I am not a star gold member, yet. I only have a classic card for miles and smiles so far. I just start recently and only have 13k miles.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by baliktad
The Freddies offer was explicitly promoted as a one-time signup bonus which reduced the rate by 15% and extended the membership period by 3 months. It was clear from the beginning that renewals would be charged at standard rates. It's highly unlikely that they will extend a renewal at the promo signup rates.

Since the promo seems to be still going on, I would just cancel the renewal and sign up for a new PP at prioritypass.com/freddie08.
I cant seem to locate this offer. Even when going to this link it simply shows me a signup cost of $319...but not $319 plus three free months.

Has anyone had any recent experience with canceling and getting a new card instead of going through the renewal process?
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:46 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I cant seem to locate this offer. Even when going to this link it simply shows me a signup cost of $319...but not $319 plus three free months.

Has anyone had any recent experience with canceling and getting a new card instead of going through the renewal process?
Perhaps let your membership expire. I got the promo mentioned before recently after letting my membership expire. It just gave me a link to go reactivate but I cant see anyplace to put in my info to reactivate.

http://www.prioritypass.com/reactivate
Old Oct 1, 2010, 10:04 am

Sorry for the newb post, i did search as much as I could.

Recently received a black priority pass card in the mail, unsolicited. Reading the paperwork, it sounds as if Citibank sent me this as a reward for being a longstanding customer (10+ years on a Driver's Edge card that I believe they discontinued).

card simply says "access to blah blah blah airport clubs at $27 a day for you and guests"

did i recieve a PP "lite" benefit or is this what everyone else has with an annual fee attached?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Sounds like a "lite" membership. Normal members have free access to any lounge. And no annual PP fee for Amex Cent members.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by slipkid
card simply says "access to blah blah blah airport clubs at $27 a day for you and guests"
Read the rules a little closer and you may see
"access to blah blah blah airport clubs at $27 a day EACH for you and guests"

One small word but a $27+ difference when you get the bill.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 9:13 am

A question for all:

I signed up for an Ameriprise World Elite Mastercard last year and received a one-year priority pass membership. My wife, who is authorized on my Ameriprise account, also received a PP membership. Yesterday, I received my PP renewal card in the mail, but my wife didn't receive one. Who do I need to contact to ensure that she gets her renewal card? Priority Pass or Ameriprise?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.