Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Old Mar 21, 2009, 12:43 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by cph_flyer
At least in Europe I don´t think they are particularly concerned about your age. The ID check is merely to insure that you are the legit cardholder. And beeing "only" 19, should not present any problems anyhow.
I agree.I just turned 20 and have been using PP since quite a few years ago. They never refused me allowance.As a side note of this, most of the time i was traveling with my parents. But, the few times i've travelled alone i haven't had any issue with this.I'm a proper cardholder and i DO look younger than 20.So far nothing has happened. Never had a problem.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 6:10 am

Programs: SAS
Question regarding lounge access in Düsseldorf Int:

There are Priority Pass lounges located in terminal B and C. However my flight is departing from A ! Once through security , is it then possible to get to lounges in either B or C ?

Last edited by cph_flyer; Mar 24, 2009 at 10:36 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 24, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: BA silver, VS, Jet, Carlson gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cph_flyer
Question regarding lounge access in Düsseldorf Int:

Thare are Priority Pass lounges located in terminal B and C. However my flight is departing from A ! Once through security , is it then possible to get to lounges in either B or C ?
Sorry, no it's not possible.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by abfab
Sorry, no it's not possible.
Ok, thanks for the info !
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:57 am

Programs: MR Platinum, UA, AA, etc. etc. etc.
What does everybody think of Delta/Northwest pulling out of the program???

Delta/Northwest have unfortunately chosen to no longer participate in the Priority Pass lounge access program effective
1 September 2009. If traveling beyond that date, be sure to select another lounge as you’ll find other lounge partners who will continue to welcome Priority Pass members at most of the affected airports. We remain committed to finding alternative lounge partners in the US and around the world to provide the most comprehensive lounge access program.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by hjboudre
Delta/Northwest have unfortunately chosen to no longer participate in the Priority Pass lounge access program effective
1 September 2009. If traveling beyond that date, be sure to select another lounge as you’ll find other lounge partners who will continue to welcome Priority Pass members at most of the affected airports. We remain committed to finding alternative lounge partners in the US and around the world to provide the most comprehensive lounge access program.
Thanks for the heads up. Can you please point out the source of this info? Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Thanks for the heads up. Can you please point out the source of this info? Thanks.
It's on the Priority Pass website provided you have a login.

But it's no big deal to me, cause my Amex will get me in anyways. As will my Skyteam Elite Plus membership. And then there is the fact that I rarely ever fly those airlines!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just noticed for the first time, that when you log in to the PP website that it says The Collinson Group LTD. Is this news? Was PP acquired?
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And FWIW here are the new lounges that have just been added...

DURHAM (UK) - Servisair Lounge at Tees ValleyInternational
KOŠICE (Slovak Republic) - Airport Lounge at Kosice International

and back in May

FLORIANÓPOLIS (Brazil) - TAM VIP Lounge at Hercílio Luz International
NEW DELHI (India) - Plaza Premium Lounge at Indira Gandhi International
SAL ISLAND (Cape Verde) - Safeport Business Aviation Lounge at Amílcar Cabral International
ST. PETERSBURG (Russia) - Pulkovo Lounge at Pulkovo International
ST. PETERSBURG (Russia) - St. Petersburg Lounge at Pulkovo International
TRIESTE (Italy) - FVG VIP Lounge at Friuli Venezia Giulia International
ZURICH (Switzerland) - Swiss Lounge B22-29 at Zurich International

And back in April...

BUDAPEST (Hungary) - Sky Lounge at Ferihegy
DUBROVNIK (Croatia) - Business Lounge at Cilipi-Konavle
FUZHOU (China) - First Class Lounge at Changle International
FUZHOU (China) - First Class Lounge at Changle Domestic
GENEVA (Switzerland) - Swiss Business Class Lounge at Cointrin
MANCHESTER (UK) - The Escape Lounge at Manchester International
MUMBAI (India) - Clipper Lounge at Chattrapathi Shivaji International
MUMBAI (India) - Clipper Bar Lounge at Chattrapathi Shivaji International
NEW YORK (USA) - Swiss Lounge at J.F.K International
TORONTO (Canada) - Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic Lounge) at Lester B. Pearson International

Last edited by stimpy; Jul 6, 2009 at 12:36 pm
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by stimpy
But it's no big deal to me, cause my Amex will get me in anyways. As will my Skyteam Elite Plus membership. And then there is the fact that I rarely ever fly those airlines!
Still, there are a lot of airlines where the NW/DL lounges were the easiest or most convenient, or where it was nice to have choice. Now there's no lounge available domestically in ORD - only the swiss lounge in the international terminal, and no lounges at all at washington dulles.

Originally Posted by stimpy
And FWIW here are the new lounges that have just been added...

TORONTO (Italy) - Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic Lounge) at Lester B. Pearson International
Toronto Pearson is in Canada.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oopsz
Toronto Pearson is in Canada.
Thanks, I know Pearson, but I didn't think I had to proofread the text on the PP website.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:03 am

Programs: MR Platinum, UA, AA, etc. etc. etc.
It's a huge deal to me, since I fly a lot of Delta routes but not enough to get a status upgrade yet. I loved the flexibility of the program before, but now I may have to look into getting an Amex Platinum next year and cancelling my PP membership. Very disappointed.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I got their usual monthly e-mail and I think the top item was the addition of a lounge in Ulan Bator, Mongolia's airport. I totally missed the wording above on Delta because it was buried at the bottom of the e-mail. Guess they thought the addition of a lounge in Mongolia would be more relevant to their average member.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: DL SM, 9W Silver, UA, HHonors
I have to admit, I'm pretty bummed by this! Most of the US airports I fly through are NW/DL routes and after taking a quick look through most domestic terminals in the US, it seems a good portion of PP lounges are NW/DL. I am just a lowly NW Silver, but fly enough all over on other airlines, so I don't have enough for FF lounge access.

Does anyone have any inside info on why this is happening and whether it is on the PP side, or the airline side? I feel like I just lost the value of my membership, unless they have some trick up their sleeve to replace all of these!
Old Jul 8, 2009, 5:56 pm

IASS / Priority Pass lounge location @ NRT T2?

My parents are flying JL next month and they'll have about 10 hours layover at NRT T2. They have Priority Pass memberships.

However according to the info I gathered from Priority Pass website, the IASS lounge at T2 is located outside of the secure area. Is this correct? So does this mean that transiting pax will need to go through immigration to use the lounge?

Any info will be appreciated. TIA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.