Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Negotiating corporate rates with airlines

Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, and MM, Marriott Platinum

Does anyone have experience with negotiating corporate rates with airlines? We talked w/ UA and AA a couple of years ago (before 9/11) but they just threw us a bone giving a couple of the execs mid level premier status and and some upgrades. We weren't that big and our travel budget was about $300K then.

Now that we've grown, our company has about 750 employees and at any given time about 100 of them are on travel. Just got a data dump and 2004 travel on all airlines was $1.3M across the big 3 + Independence (we are just around the corner from IAD). We are probably going to be in the $1.9M range for 2005 (business is good, what can I say).

Any ideas what is available from the big 3 in terms of status, freebies, fixed rates, etc. I don't want to leave anything on the table. We are willing to commit to one airline it is the right deal.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Please feel free to PM me if uncomfortable writing in the open forum.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:36 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
There are some links over at

http://www.globaltrav.com/Forms/CorpAirlineRrd.htm

that link to the airline's corporate reward sites.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 4:02 pm

Savings of 20%-25% or more are not uncommon once up-front discounts and rebates are tallied. The next time you're at DCA or LGA, make note of the companies listed on the "corporate check-in" counter (Verizon, others) at US Airways and inquire of the travel managers at those firms about the discounts they're getting and make some adjustment for volume.

Last edited by SealBeach; Dec 30, 2004 at 4:04 pm
Old Dec 30, 2004, 4:02 pm

Programs: dont matter anymore...
This doesn't have anything to do with miles or points, so I'll move it over to TravelBuzz!

Regards,

Flipside

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.