FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Signs you travel too much. [Archived] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/370953-signs-you-travel-too-much-archived.html)

SuperFlyBoy Dec 13, 2011 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Cloudship (Post 17618796)
You know what that little flap on Delta's B/E tray table is for and how to use it.

I gather that's the same flap on CO BF tray tables as well - I wonder if the seats are the same, but I think Delta's are herringbone (never flown them), similar to AC/Jet Airways?

Possibly the tray suppliers are the same then, if seats are not made by the same manufacturer?

george 3 Dec 13, 2011 3:37 pm

Being on a first name basis with the Cousin's BBQ cafe at TD in DFW.

Cloudship Dec 16, 2011 9:13 pm

When getting stuck way in the back on a 757, choosing to sit in the last row due to the comforting wing light floating out there in nothingness

Not minding when the slightly inebriated talkative passenger decides to sit down next to you to strike up a conversation because it makes the flight go faster.

Ancien Maestro Dec 18, 2011 2:12 am

Another sign is needing to take a vacation to recover from the vacation you just had.:)

onlysuites Dec 18, 2011 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 17648313)
Another sign is needing to take a vacation to recover from the vacation you just had.:)

This happens to me all the time. My flights are never ever direct. Got to earn those miles some way. :D

longwaybackhome Dec 18, 2011 10:43 am

Guys, is there a thread in TravelBuzz! to make really stupid complaints? I can only find the ones in the airline and hotel forums. I thought I'd ask in this thread.

...when you finally realize that you can throw out your receipts from certain vacations because you know you'll be back there soon and get more receipts.

Ancien Maestro Dec 18, 2011 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by lallyr (Post 17649503)
This happens to me all the time. My flights are never ever direct. Got to earn those miles some way. :D

No rest for the true MRer.:D

Originally Posted by longwaybackhome (Post 17649781)
Guys, is there a thread in TravelBuzz! to make really stupid complaints? I can only find the ones in the airline and hotel forums. I thought I'd ask in this thread.

...when you finally realize that you can throw out your receipts from certain vacations because you know you'll be back there soon and get more receipts.

Trying to understand about how you can throw out receipts.. usually I submit to my accountant.. and each stay I keep the original receipts for my accountant..

Are your receipts for your hotel/trip for your reference and not for the use of tax purposes?

onlysuites Dec 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 17650269)
No rest for the true MRer.:D

Funny story..... Went on holiday to DXB with the Mrs who hates to fly my sort of flights but she ain't to up to date on which flight flies where. So at check-in at DXB I told her the only option home was via a, b & c. A good 15hrs later we arrive at home airport tired and cranky. While walking to passport control she sees a EK flight landing and it clicks for her. :D Ohhh I didn't hear the last of that one for a while.

darthbimmer Dec 18, 2011 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by longwaybackhome (Post 17649781)

I don't understand why you're keeping receipts in that fashion. Are they souvenirs for you?

For me, one sign I'm traveling too much is when I'm halfway around the world and I don't give any thought to sightseeing or taking home souvenirs-- because I figure I'll be back out that way again soon enough.

tartempion Dec 18, 2011 6:11 pm

Just discovered this tread, like #8:

I often wake up Monday morning trying to remember what time my flight is to XXX. It's usually always between 8:00 and 9:00, so I just show up at the airport at 7:30 and stick the Skymiles Amex in the kiosk and then I remember where, when and what...lol

And when you're at the hotel, it's even worse if you can't remember which floor you're on... It can take forever to find your room when you miss the floor number!
--------------------------

When I started flying Monday morning returning Friday afternoon, I watched all these guys with their noses in their newspapers from sit-down to gate arrival I said to myself: I will stop flying and find myself an other job the day I do read newspapers from A to Z.

Took me 10 years.

Then I switched jobs to work for a cargo airline and flew only a few times every year.

Now I have reduced my flying to 6 return trips/year, for fun - holidays, still need to get away every two months.

It happened several times I could not find my car on Friday nights arriving back at my home airport, walked up-down many floors, panicking someone stole my car. Learned to write down floor # and parking lot # on my ticket.

RobbieRunner Dec 18, 2011 8:28 pm

You leave for a long business trip just after the birth of your first son, and return home just in time to see him graduate from Medical School. ;)

Short hair Francis Dec 18, 2011 10:58 pm

The first thing coming home from University, your parents are both wearing airline jammies from First class and the house drying rack has yet more airline sweaters and pajamas :D

And the house slippers are all from hotels or flights, along with coffee cups, salt shakers, spoons and forks all from previous flights :p

Baghoarder Dec 18, 2011 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by darthbimmer (Post 17650827)

For me, one sign I'm traveling too much is when I'm halfway around the world and I don't give any thought to sightseeing or taking home souvenirs-- because I figure I'll be back out that way again soon enough.

This one caught me out. I made about 40 FIFO trips to India in 3 years and I have never seen the Taj Mahal:p

CMK10 Dec 19, 2011 1:15 pm

When you're ashamed that your 91 segments this year is down from last year and your first year without over 100 since 2005 :(

GadgetFreak Dec 19, 2011 3:32 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by Baghoarder

Originally Posted by darthbimmer (Post 17650827)

This one caught me out. I made about 40 FIFO trips to India in 3 years and I have never seen the Taj Mahal:p

Check it out. It is pretty spectacular. ;)