Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL-frankfurt-nrt, business class, over the atlantic, opinions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2004, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

ATL-frankfurt-nrt, business class, over the atlantic, opinions

I don't know the airport code for frankfurt, sorry.
so I'm looking to go to japan, from atlanta using a family members miles. The only thing is the only business class flight available through USair is a lufthansa that goes over the atlantic, with a 5hr stopover in frankfurt. on the return home I will be over the pacific. I've flown international several times, just nothing of this magnitude. Does this sound reasonable? I do like the idea of a german breakfast and circumnavigating the globe though.
And will I be harrassed at checkin for using someone elses miles? I think I read about that happening to someone in a post somewhere.
ps, It's my first post and I think I may have crammed in alot, forgive me
Old Oct 9, 2004, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Hello and welcome to Flyertalk.

The code for Frankfurt is FRA.

It sounds like you are having a friend use his/her USAirways Dividend Miles to book you a Star Alliance award from Atlanta to Japan and back -- correct? You're not going to be harassed so long as the ticket is booked in your name.

It sounds like LH (Lufthansa) will be your outbound carrier, ATL-FRA-NRT... it's a longer trip than going westbound, but if you want to fly Lufthansa, why not? A five-hour FRA layover will be plenty of time. You'll be tired when you get to Japan.

Your return trip across the Pacific could be on United or ANA -- or some combination of the two. ANA business class is very nice.

Any other questions?
Old Oct 11, 2004, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Well, I haven't been to Germany since I was a kid and I was thinking this might give me an hour or two to go grab a bite to eat or something. Once I get off the plane there, does it seem reasonable that I would have enough time before re-checking in to go hang out? I know much about Fra. Thanks for the response. 'Why not?' pretty much sums it up I guess.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 11:04 am

FRA transfer

Originally Posted by chuckd
Well, I haven't been to Germany since I was a kid and I was thinking this might give me an hour or two to go grab a bite to eat or something. Once I get off the plane there, does it seem reasonable that I would have enough time before re-checking in to go hang out? I know much about Fra. Thanks for the response. 'Why not?' pretty much sums it up I guess.
HI Chuckd,
Sounds like a good way to get there. FRA is gigantic! It's well marked and easy to navigate but, quite large. Too bad you won't be earning any miles as you're on an award ticket. THat's a grip going RTW!
Best, Ramondo
Old Oct 11, 2004, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

I just noticed when I said 'I know much about frankfurt", I forgot the word don't.
Yeah, I wish I was getting miles, that would be another free trip right there. I've already downloaded the map of Fra off of their website, so I hope to figure out what I'm doing before I go. I'm more worried about NRT though. But I don't think it could be any worse then chicago. No one spoke english there either. I heard they have a luggage delivery service that takes your bags to your place while you ride the train for $30 or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.