Wiki Posts
Search

Can I join a flight mid-way?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2004, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa co
Can I join a flight mid-way?

I couldn't be sure if this is the right forum for this as it is definitely not a mileage issue, it relates to airline rules.

I'd like to fly to Illinois next month. I priced flights from several New England airports and BOS has one at a convenient time and decent fare. PWM is more convenient for several reasons but it would cost about $100 more to fly out of PWM.

But lo and behold the fare out of Boston has me change planes in (you guessed it) PWM. Any reason I can't buy the ticket out of BOS and show up at PWM and get on board the appropriate flight.
If I am allowed to do this, do I need to get a paper ticket, or can I go to a kiosk in PWM even though DL thinks I am originating in BOS? Or check in online?

Thanks
DennyO
Old Sep 26, 2004, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DennyO
Any reason I can't buy the ticket out of BOS and show up at PWM and get on board the appropriate flight.

There is only one reason but it's more than enough: Your reservation for the ex-PWM flt will be automatically cancelled if you don't show up at BOS.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Any reason I can't buy the ticket out of BOS and show up at PWM and get on board the appropriate flight.
You cannot for the reason graraps indicates. If you try to show up for your flight at PWM mid-itinerary, you will find that your reservation has been canceled and you will have to pony up a sizable amount of cash -- most likely the walk up fare from PWM to your destination -- to pick up your travel there.

However, if you are careful, you can probably get off at PWM on the return without jeopardy. Just be sure you carry on all your luggage. And don't announce your intent to do so at any point beforehand or afterward. Just get off the plane in PWM, skip you connection, and go home.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa co
Originally Posted by cAAl
You cannot for the reason graraps indicates. If you try to show up for your flight at PWM mid-itinerary, you will find that your reservation has been canceled and you will have to pony up a sizable amount of cash -- most likely the walk up fare from PWM to your destination -- to pick up your travel there.
Well, only one reason but it sure was a good one. Thanks to you both for the prompt and helpful replies.

Originally Posted by cAAl
However, if you are careful, you can probably get off at PWM on the return without jeopardy. Just be sure you carry on all your luggage. And don't announce your intent to do so at any point beforehand or afterward. Just get off the plane in PWM, skip you connection, and go home.
Hmm, that should work so long as I don't drive to BOS
Old Sep 27, 2004, 6:45 am

Programs: /usr/bin
Well, only one reason but it sure was a good one. Thanks to you both for the prompt and helpful replies.

Hmm, that should work so long as I don't drive to BOS

You can take the Downeaster. It's a nice relaxing trainride from Portland to Boston.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.