Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

I was denied service at the McD's in Terminal B at PIT this morning!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I was denied service at the McD's in Terminal B at PIT this morning!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2004, 3:56 pm

Programs: Ex Marriot Platinum, CO Gold
Originally Posted by graraps
....but why would anyone in their right mind want to eat McDonalds in the first place?
I was definitely a bit turned off after watching Supersize me!!!

Good luck with the media attention - let us all know what happens!
Old Sep 27, 2004, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Even if you stunk to high heaven, there's no reason why you shouldn't be provided your food. When our family had a 24-hour restaurant in downtown Chicago, we often had homeless people that had scraped up just enough cash to buy some food. They were so seriously offensive-smelling (as in, maybe two weeks since their last shower, living outside in 90-degree weather) that we couldn't let them eat in the restaurant - and we had City Health Department inspectors that ate in the store every day that agreed. But we were always very polite in explaining why, and we always provided them with what they ordered and usually a good deal more.

If OP had exhibited anything at that level, OP would have been denied boarding by the airline.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
If OP had exhibited anything at that level, OP would have been denied boarding by the airline.
Good point, FWIW.

But anyway, having been responsible for food safety at many fine to not-so-fine establishements in another life, I can tell you that a McD's employee has no time, but mostly no interest whatsoever in what "germs" you might possibly be carrying. It is so hard to get anyone to even comprehend the term "food safety"... (especially at MickeyD's, as you might imagine).

the dirtiest-looking person in the world might actually be safe to those around them, while someone who just stepped out of a spa might be extremely contagious. Who the f--- is this twit to tell the difference?

If it had been me, and was not at the airport, where a commotion might get you in trouble, I would have flipped out at the woman, and scared the living daylights out of her. She inflicted what I can only call abuse on you, and she should be paid back in spades.

Boy this kind of cr@p boils my blood. I wish I hadn't seen this thread!

But please keep us posted...
Old Sep 27, 2004, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
I'm very sorry to hear of your experience bhatnasx . I hope that you don't take these hopefully rare occurences too personally and that you keep us informed.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by phillyd2
Shame on the rest of you for going along and without any intelligent second thought or one shred of evidence
FlyerTalkers are famous for swallowing the most fanciful stories hook, line and sinker. No hoax is too outrageous for FT.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's keep this thread civil, no flames allowed. We are getting dangerously close to my closing this thread. Thank you

--richard, moderator
Old Sep 27, 2004, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by miizzles
FlyerTalkers are famous for swallowing the most fanciful stories hook, line and sinker. No hoax is too outrageous for FT.
And then there are those who are so smart with superior intellect and insight bordering on the psychic that they are incapable of accepting any story on face value ( probably because they have their head up their or some-elses a**)

What say you?

mike
Old Sep 27, 2004, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
I guess you have enough experience to make a statement like that, seeing as how you have a whole 64 posts... Wait, we cant really include your very first post...
Old Sep 27, 2004, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
Mod, keep this thread open as we all would like to see the outcome.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MIKESILV
And then there are those who are so smart with superior intellect and insight bordering on the psychic that they are incapable of accepting any story on face value
Nope, just common sense. I am generally distrustful of people, their motives and the stories they tell. And I'm usually right.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FightingIlliniUAL
I guess you have enough experience to make a statement like that, seeing as how you have a whole 64 posts
I've read thousands of posts however. My observation is that some (not all) members love to be outraged and love to complain and that makes them susceptible to being hoodwinked, rather than applying critical thinking.

Can you point be to any tale that has been seriously challenged by the membership? Only a couple people in this thread have mentioned that hundreds of "brown" people patronize the McDonald's in question on a daily basis therefore the claim of being targeted for being brown doesn't hold water.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 8:19 pm

[QUOTE=bhatnasx]Thanks for the support - I've written a letter which I will be mailing this week to the local newspapers (DCA & PIT) as well as the corporate officers of the involved companies. I will fill out the web submission forms of that were provided above. Thanks for the advice & support, everyone.
QUOTE]

bhatnasx,
If you haven't already sent the letter out, I recommend that you call the editor at each paper and let them know that you're sending them a letter. They might actually spend some time chatting about the story, and will be looking out for your letter when it arrives.

If you've sent the letter, call anyway, to confirm receipt. Sometimes correspondence sits for a few days, and the ability to strike while the iron's hot is lost.

Sad as it is, this is a story that has a certain time sensitivity.
Rita
Old Sep 27, 2004, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Slightly off-topic...

In the Buffalo NY area, many landlords rent to college kids. Many of these houses are rundown. Many landlords take advantage of the kids.

When my son had a problem, he called the mayors office.
And just for fun, I e mailed several local television stations. I outlined the details, and left the 'emotion' out of it. Just the facts, as the facts speak loudly.

Lets just say that the news folks love a good story. They'll be all over McD.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 9:28 pm
Suspended

Nope, just common sense. I am generally distrustful of people, their motives and the stories they tell. And I'm usually right.
Just as I thought, with the expected dose of humility, you are unable to reposition the upper end of your torso.

mike
Old Sep 27, 2004, 9:41 pm
Suspended

So do you respond to email solicitations from Nigeria?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.