Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

I was denied service at the McD's in Terminal B at PIT this morning!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I was denied service at the McD's in Terminal B at PIT this morning!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2004, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by phillyd2
Stop Now your silly Racism Rant and tell us why she wanted you to wash your hands. If she did not think you had germs because you were "brown" then why? What did you do with you hand that she saw? Where were your hand before she would not serve you?

Lets talk about taking responsibility for actions before blaming the world for discriminating against you.

Of course this is a ridicules thread but hey, you started it.
Uh, I think YOU are guilty of that which you accuse others of, i.e., ranting and raving and making unfounded accusations.

One thing you may not be aware of: A lot of us FlyerTalkers KNOW each other. That's right, we've met IN PERSON. Check out the Community forum. bhatnasx has some credibility not only because of posting history, but also because of participation in many FlyerTalk get-togethers. And how many FlyerTalkers do YOU know? Be very careful about bashing other posters here. This is NOT just an anonymous internet BB. It's a community. Many of us are acquaintances and even friends. That is part of how we judge others' believability.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Uh, I think YOU are guilty of that which you accuse others of, i.e., ranting and raving and making unfounded accusations.

One thing you may not be aware of: A lot of us FlyerTalkers KNOW each other. That's right, we've met IN PERSON. Check out the Community forum. bhatnasx has some credibility not only because of posting history, but also because of participation in many FlyerTalk get-togethers. And how many FlyerTalkers do YOU know? Be very careful about bashing other posters here. This is NOT just an anonymous internet BB. It's a community. Many of us are acquaintances and even friends. That is part of how we judge others' believability.
And I've met up with bhatnasx several times...not only here in DC but also in Iceland.

And even though KathyWdrf lives in SF, it seems as though I see her more often than friends who live just a few miles from me. I've actually had KathyWdrf over to my humble abode.

Last edited by Alysia; Sep 26, 2004 at 6:41 pm
Old Sep 26, 2004, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the support - I've written a letter which I will be mailing this week to the local newspapers (DCA & PIT) as well as the corporate officers of the involved companies. I will fill out the web submission forms of that were provided above. Thanks for the advice & support, everyone.

As for philly2d, I read a bunch of his other posts on this board & from what I've seen, I personally am not too concerned with too much about what he has to say. Thanks for having my back, KathyWdrf & Alysia.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by ClueByFour
Small correction: Kent George is the director of the ACAA. Onorato is the County Executive. I'd hit both.
You are correct sir, BOTH need to be contacted.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 7:16 pm

Programs: HHonors-Diamond, SPG-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum,NW-Plat
that sucks man. write many letters, make many calls. and get the sprint 8200 better pictures hehe
Old Sep 26, 2004, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by phillyd2
Something don't make sense here so before we all scream "Racism" and liable this person (posting her picture on the internet) lets find out the real story. Shame on the rest of you for going along and without any intelligent second thought or one shred of evidence, condemn a person as guilty. Shame. Can anybody say High Tech Lynching?

Just to establish a little perspective here. PA being my "home" state, I am certainly not happy to hear this type of thing. But one would do well to remember that PA has the highest number of known hate group in the USA. So I tend to believe our FT friend.

As for the "High Tech Lynching" one could argue that the "Lynching" would be warranted based solely on poor customer service, neverminding the racism allegations.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by PineyBob
Just to establish a little perspective here. PA being my "home" state, I am certainly not happy to hear this type of thing. But one would do well to remember that PA has the highest number of known hate group in the USA. So I tend to believe our FT friend.

As for the "High Tech Lynching" one could argue that the "Lynching" would be warranted based solely on poor customer service, neverminding the racism allegations.
-----------------------------------------

Yes--I agree, unfortunately...

I lived in PIT until I was 37 years old. Having relatives that reside in that vast space between PIT and PHL, I agree with something I read once...

Pennsylvania is basically Pittsbugh and Philadelphia with Alabama in between.....
Old Sep 26, 2004, 9:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
Wow, it's a shame that this should happen to any of us FTers. We provide a lot of business to the airlines, hotels and airport establishments. We should not have to tolearte this level of nonsense from those who feel the need to refuse service because they have a power trip.

Good luck with your case and let us know how it turns out. In the meantime, I hope they supersize her pink slip.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 10:32 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
The lady probably just performs a random selection (TSA style) for anybody getting off of a US Airways flight. The planes are so dirty that most of us are carrying germs off of the plane!

Wash your hands and take a chill pill...........this is blown way out of proportion. I sense that there's alot more to this story and our "innocent", hungry FTer.....maybe you should contact the FBI too!
Old Sep 27, 2004, 5:05 am

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
This describes a very unfortunate experience.

But what does any of this have to do with US Airways, Dividend Miles, etc.?
Old Sep 27, 2004, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by HPTunco
Wash your hands and take a chill pill...........this is blown way out of proportion. I sense that there's alot more to this story and our "innocent", hungry FTer.....maybe you should contact the FBI too!
Racism in NEVER "Blown out of proportion" in instances of refusal to serve. I saw it first hand with a bunch of Air Force folks from NJ when we went into the Denny's in Bala, PA Half of the group was white and half wasn't. Our table was asked to pay in advance. I about freaked out. The guy sitting next to me (black) calmly says "Chill it happens all the time, it's because you're with black folks" I remember this as clear as yesterday and it happened 15 years ago and I've been in a Denny's twice since. It appears that I now have to add the PIT area Mickey D's to my list of places I vote with my wallet on.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by PineyBob
Racism in NEVER "Blown out of proportion"
from Edmund Burke---

"All that evil needs to triumph is for enough good people to do nothing!"
Old Sep 27, 2004, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by chicagorich
from Edmund Burke---

"All that evil needs to triumph is for enough good people to do nothing!"
That sez it all.

Where in the world did this 'supervisor' come from, and what is she doing supervising anyone at all? Let 'em have it, both barrels, and let us know how we can jump on the wagon.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
...One thing you may not be aware of: A lot of us FlyerTalkers KNOW each other. That's right, we've met IN PERSON. Check out the Community forum. bhatnasx has some credibility not only because of posting history, but also because of participation in many FlyerTalk get-togethers. And how many FlyerTalkers do YOU know? Be very careful about bashing other posters here. This is NOT just an anonymous internet BB. It's a community. Many of us are acquaintances and even friends. That is part of how we judge others' believability.
Well said KathyWdrf. The whole situation is just incredible...hard to believe that people still have such attitudes these days, but sadly it's true. bhatnasx, good luck in whatever course you take. Sounds, too, like a bit of a training issue for McD's!
Old Sep 27, 2004, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bit off topic....

....but why would anyone in their right mind want to eat McDonalds in the first place?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.