Search

Help me plan my vacation...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2004, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: /usr/bin
Cool Help me plan my vacation...

Hey Flyertalkers,

I have a $400 delta voucher that's burning a hole in my pocket. Actually, it's not burning fast enough, because it expires in January and I haven't used it yet.

I'm thinking of taking a vacation in November. I'm going to take a week off of work. I'll leave around November 24th taking advantage of the 2 days off for Thanksgiving, and I'll return around December 4th. These dates can vary depending on flight deals, but that's roughly the timeframe I'm looking at.

This gives me about 10-11 days to work with. I'm leaning towards Asia, but I'm up for anything exciting.

I'm willing to combine my $400 voucher with about another $400 out of pocket so tickets can go as high as $800-$900 after taxes. I'll probably stay at youth hostels for the entire stay as I'm young, and broke.

I'm not a big fan of cold weather at all. I was in Kyoto 2 years ago in March, average temp was 45-50 degrees. That's about the coldest I'm comfortable with. Also, I don't want to be in a country if it's going to be the rainy season.

If you were in my position, given my airline (Delta), weather (warm), and timeframe (10-11 day) constraints, where would you go?

I'm excited to hear what other flyertalkers have to offer and to see how it contrasts with what I've played around with.

Thanks in advance!
gt_croz
Old Sep 24, 2004, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
IMHO, I love these posts that open up a world of possible suggestions, especially if there are some specifics.

If you truly don't enjoy cold weather, might I suggest taking a trip to Hawai'i? I did a quick search on your dates for ATL-HNL and found the non-stop to HNL to be $988, which may be a little high, but add a stop in there with a West Coast city and it comes down to $704 all-in for a peak travel period, right in your range. There are a couple hostels in Waikiki that might be of interest to you as well. Heck, come down and if I'm on the island, I'll take you out for a beer. My two cents.

aloha
Old Sep 24, 2004, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: /usr/bin
Aloha!

That's quite a tempting offer. I'm a sucker for free beer I'm looking to do something international however.

I should add one detail that I failed to mention before: I want a passport stamp

My goals for this trip are to experience something new, get a passport stamp, and get some more SkyMiles.

Thanks!
gt_croz

Originally Posted by slippahs
IMHO, I love these posts that open up a world of possible suggestions, especially if there are some specifics.

If you truly don't enjoy cold weather, might I suggest taking a trip to Hawai'i? I did a quick search on your dates for ATL-HNL and found the non-stop to HNL to be $988, which may be a little high, but add a stop in there with a West Coast city and it comes down to $704 all-in for a peak travel period, right in your range. There are a couple hostels in Waikiki that might be of interest to you as well. Heck, come down and if I'm on the island, I'll take you out for a beer. My two cents.

aloha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.