Community
Wiki Posts
Search

when should I book October flights?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2004, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

when should I book October flights?

I have to go to a wedding in Atlanta the first weekend in October. I will be living in New Jersey then and would like to travel from Newark. A few of the travel web sites are quoting me $255 r/t for the trip. Do you think I would get a better deal if waited a few weeks/months before making reservation?

or will oil prices, other factors only make the fare higher as the date of my trip draws closer?
Old May 25, 2004, 1:09 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Lots of people come up to the north for foliage and the rest at the end of September / Beginning of October, and with the new cruise ships in Jersey and New York, I wouldn't expect the deals to be all that great as you get closer.

Book on Delta if they are in the price range you are looking at, they will refund the difference if the fare goes down as a travel voucher. Other airlines will do it to, but Delta states it on their website.

There are times by the way, that making the drive to Philly will save you significantly for that route, not sure if your dates fit it or not, but may be worth the drive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.