Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need Advice with travel voucher

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2004, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Need Advice with travel voucher

I am trying to use a free travel voucher from LAS to PIT on the 1am out of LAS. No seats available on the flight but there are seats availabe from LAS to CLT with a stopover in PIT (on same flight from LAS to PIT) I want to book it and just get off in PIT but csr says I can't do it. I am only using the voucher one way. Is this possible to do? Should I try another csr? What about luggage?
Thanks for any help!
Old Mar 11, 2004, 8:46 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
The CSR will always tell you this can't be done because it violates the condition of carriage to get off at a location other than your final destinaton.

Are you a US DM member? C of C violations can cost you some or all the balance of your account, depending on the airline (I don't know specifically about US), if an audit uncovers your "subterfuge."

But if you're willing to face any consequences it can be done. But you can't check your luggage to a destination different from your ticketed destination - you need to carry on (or ship) your luggage. I don't suspect that US will come after you for more money (I think they'd have to sue you).

Another way to deal with luggage - one time my wife met me in SFO during a business trip; she left from Harrisburg PA (MDT) while I left from BWI. Her return routing was SFO-BWI-MDT while mine was SFO-BWI. We checked all our luggage to BWI on my ticket and she missed her BWI-MDT connecting flight. Of course this was ~10 years ago.

[This message has been edited by pdhenry (edited Mar 11, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.