Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Price Matching?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2004, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Price Matching?

I'm going to London in June to meet up with my wife and we'd like to fly home on the same flight, which is USA, of which I'm a Dividend Miles member. However, the cheapest flight through USA is over $1,200. I can go through Air Canada for $760, but I wouldn't get the massive Dividend miles or fly home with my wife. Does anyone know any way to get USA to come down on their fare? Thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
June is peak travel time, but $1,200 still seems like alot for the lowest priced ticket (assuming you're not trying to book the lowest upgradeable fare). Have you checked the US website, as well as Expedia, Orbitz & Travelocity? I would check each of these sites a few times a day, so if the fare dips you can pounce on it. You should also call USAirways, as they sometimes have cheaper fares if you book over the phone.

Is there any flexibility in your travel schedule? Midweek transatlantic flights tend to be cheaper than weekend flights.

You may get more (and more informative) responses if one of the moderators moves this post to the US forum.

Old Feb 18, 2004, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by appcat:
Does anyone know any way to get USA to come down on their fare? Thanks.</font>
Sometimes a professional travel agent can successfully ask one airline to match another's fare between two identical city pairs. I have had success in the past in having my travel agent get AA to match lower CO fares. I suspect you will have more difficulty getting US to match a foreign carrier's fare, but you might enlist a travel agent to give it a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.