Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest Harbor View Room in HKG?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2004, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Cheapest Harbor View Room in HKG?

Anyone know how to get a nice harbor view room for around $100? I'm sure that sounds ridiculous, but I just don't want to pay $350. Having been there on business last time I got spoiled at the Conrad.

Any tips for a great hotel bargain?
Old Feb 17, 2004, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
The YMCA, next to the Peninsula. Harborview rooms are ~US$110 on their website; partial view ~US$97.

Problem with other hotels, and book through various discount sites, is that they probably won't guarantee you a harborview room for $100. You may get upgraded if they have rooms available, or you may not.

And it also depends on if you want the best view, and the location. The YMCA is the best in those regards. However, if you don't mind a hotel outside the best location, or just want to see the harbor, there are other choices too, many cheaper. But do inquire whether you're guaranteed harborview rooms:

- Harbour View International House (This was a YMCA too, if I remember correctly, near the Convention Center in Wanchai.

- Harbour Plaza Metropolis - a new hotel near the Hung Hom KCR train station & Hong Kong Coliseum

- Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers - atop the ferry terminal to China. It looks west from Kowloon, a different portion of the harbor.

- Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel - also looks west from Tsim Sha Tsui. But is next to Star Ferry and the YMCA. [Should cost more than US$100, though.]

Just some examples.

[This message has been edited by rkkwan (edited Feb 17, 2004).]
Old Feb 17, 2004, 10:40 pm

I second the nomination of the YMCA in Kowloon, also known as "The Salisbury" . That really is fantastic value for money. You really can't beat the location and the view for that money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.