Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inconsiderate Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2004, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by braslvr:
Not to belabor the point , but where do you set the cup down when in economy class? That's the biggest problem. In the boarding chaos, you really can't set it down. In F or C, you could set it between the seats on the console I suppose, but if I'm in the next seat, I don't want a tall squishy cup of hot liquid next to me while people are trying to get situated. Some folks even have the gall to ask a stranger to hold the cup while they stow their stuff!</font>
As I usually am in F or C, you are correct that I put it on the console between the seats. If my seatmate already is seated, I'll make sure to warn him/her first to avoid a spill. If I'm in coach, I typically will put the cup on the floor. I should also point out that by the time I make it from Starbucks to the plane, I will already have consumed a good amount of the coffee, so it's not like I board with a steaming hot cup that's filled to the brim!

(But enough of my yakking. It's 3am in Boston and I'm going to sleep. My four-year-old will have me up in four hours.)
Old Feb 14, 2004, 8:29 am

Nothing much new to add to this, just FYI from today's Times:
"Turbulent Manners Unsettle Fliers"
By LAURA MANSNERUS
"If getting there is half the fun, tell it to the person dodging elbows in the middle seat, the one next to the woman who refuses to turn off her cellphone or the one who was just told by a snapping gate agent that he must pay for his own hotel room because the airline is not responsible for stranding his flight in Pittsburgh."
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/15/travel/15manners.html

-I wonder if we have a FT informant to the NYT on here? -

[This message has been edited by PHLbuddy (edited Feb 14, 2004).]
Old Feb 14, 2004, 6:28 pm

Programs: WWMFD
Originally posted by mbstone:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">JetBlue has a seat-pocket card with a red-slash-in-circle on top of a picture of somebody tugging on the seat in front of him. Same for a picture of smelly stocking feet. It's a takeoff (satire) of other airlines' emergency cards.</font>
Here's my favorite airline safety card.
Old Feb 15, 2004, 4:21 am
In Memoriam

If you can't lift your bag to the overhead, check it.

Do not ask me.

I am not going to risk anything like the handle breaking and a kg bag landing on another pax head for you.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 7:13 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FWAAA:
...I disagree with the complaint about the feet on bulkheads. At the office, I put my feet on my desk. ... On airplanes, when in the bulkhead, I place my feet on it....</font>
Such an adult response. Obviously, your mother never taught you the basics in terms of manners. Feet on desks are just as inappropriate as feet on bulkheads or hats (or baseball caps) worn indoors.

This is why Americans are so popular worldwide...no culture and no upbringing anymore.

[This message has been edited by VTFreiherr (edited Feb 16, 2004).]
Old Feb 16, 2004, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by VTFreiherr:
Such an adult response. Obviously, your mother never taught you the basics in terms of manners. Feet on desks are just as inappropriate as feet on bulkheads or hats (or baseball caps) worn indoors.

This is why Americans are so popular worldwide...no culture and no upbringing anymore.
</font>
Wow, that's why we're so unpopular! It has nothing to do with stuff like our "president" choosing to bomb Iraq without the support of the international community, but rather it's because we wear baseball caps inside and put our feet on the wall. Who knew?
Old Feb 16, 2004, 2:17 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kcvt750:
Originally posted by mbstone:

Here's my favorite airline safety card.
</font>
Nice! Anyone remember "Fight Club?" I get a total kick out of the (potentially offensive) flight safety card from that flick. Of course, it's probably funny to me because neither I nor anyone I know has ever been in any of the situations depicted...
Old Feb 16, 2004, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Blumie:
Wow, that's why we're so unpopular! It has nothing to do with stuff like our "president" choosing to bomb Iraq without the support of the international community, but rather it's because we wear baseball caps inside and put our feet on the wall. Who knew?</font>
While I don't agree with your point of view on this, I still am ROTFLMAO!!
Old Feb 17, 2004, 8:45 am

Programs: DL FC, NW
I hate it when, after you deplane, you have to stop because people just stop at the junction of the concourse. I was coming out in ATL the other day and exclaimed "Please keep moving" to which some smart a$$ said, "I'm trying to get my connection from the agent." I said, " Do it ten feet from hear so everyone else can walk and make their connection."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.