Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

F on BA vs. J on VS

F on BA vs. J on VS

Old Feb 16, 2004, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

F on BA vs. J on VS

I'm going to be flying from SFO to LHR. I haven't flown this route in almost five years.

I'll fly either BA in F or VS in J. If I fly VS, I'll be on a plane with the new seats (since I'm leaving from SFO).

If I fly VS, I can accumulate CO miles. BA miles aren't nearly as useful to me, as I don't fly to London much these days.

However, from what I've read, most people seem to prefer BA.

I'm sure that some of you have flown both BA F and VS J.

Which did you prefer? In terms of service? In terms of seat comfort?

Thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2004, 12:08 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
BA F over VS J any time of the day.

The fact that the cabin is only for 14 as opposed to 40ish is a huge +

Loads of privacy and quiet when you need it.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Post belongs in the VS & BA groups. You will get a lot more answers just doing a search in those groups.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 12:31 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Actually here is a good place IMHO.

In the BA forum you will get a BA and in the VS forum a VS

Here you may get a better balanced opinion.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 3:47 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Isn't VS J about 30% cheaper than BA F? Or does price not matter? VS used to include limo service within 100 miles of SFO and LHR in the price, and does have a much nicer lounge at SFO than BA (in fact this is the worst BA lounge in North America, tied with LAX -- shame on BA for doing that in a brand new terminal when they had a clean slate to work with). VS also does the haircut and massage on the ground, but the LHR arrivals lounge on BA is almost as good as VS. Of course BA is better, but not by as much as you would expect (and have paid for).
Old Feb 16, 2004, 3:52 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by alvn:
If I fly VS, I'll be on a plane with the new seats (since I'm leaving from SFO)</font>
Do you mean the new new seats? I didn't think any had been installed yet. Or the old new seats, which sink to the ground when they go flat -- those are so unpopular that VS is having to rip them out and replace them with a decent seat. A massive failure, even VS with their impeccable marketing couldn't salvage this funky disaster. In which case you may want to fly VS for the experience, and the pictures, but not for the seat comfort! They should give "I survived the attack of the killer seat" T-shirts for those flights (and they would become collector items).
Old Feb 17, 2004, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by number_6:
Originally posted by alvn:
If I fly VS, I'll be on a plane with the new seats (since I'm leaving from SFO)</font>
Do you mean the new new seats? I didn't think any had been installed yet. Or the old new seats, which sink to the ground when they go flat -- those are so unpopular that VS is having to rip them out and replace them with a decent seat. A massive failure, even VS with their impeccable marketing couldn't salvage this funky disaster. In which case you may want to fly VS for the experience, and the pictures, but not for the seat comfort! They should give "I survived the attack of the killer seat" T-shirts for those flights (and they would become collector items).
Are we talking about the Upper Class Suite here? Are they being taken out already? surely not

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.