LGA to NY Penn station

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGA to NY Penn station

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2004, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
I was told that the Hudson News vendors at LGA sell only the daily ($7) and the weekly ($21) passes. The vendor at the Marine Air Terminal told me this a week ago Friday.

Metrocard kiosks need to be installed much more widely at airports.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fastflyer:
I was told that the Hudson News vendors at LGA sell only the daily ($7) and the weekly ($21) passes. The vendor at the Marine Air Terminal told me this a week ago Friday.</font>
I'm flying the Delta Shuttle to Boston Saturday morning and returning on Monday. I'll go to Hudson News, ask them about which Metrocards they sell, and report it to you on Tuesday.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 6:23 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
The traveller may also want to consider taking the Airport Bus (Operated by Carey/NY Airport Service) to GCT and then take a cab from there.

My attitude is, cabs can be very expensive and maddening if stuck in traffic (tick-tick-tick goes the meter) while the buses/subways charge a fixed/flat fare. Yes, the LGA to GCT bus might be more expensive than NYCMTA or Triboro, but it's not that unreasonable.

I take what ever comes along first.

P.S. IIRC, one of the transit buses that serves LGA does not go to the Marine Air (ex-flyingboat) Terminal. Am I correct?
Old Feb 12, 2004, 7:10 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

One of my kids took the USair shuttle to EWR last Friday and was able to buy a $10 Metrocard (with $12 worth of rides on it) at Hudson News, so it's possible to do that at least in the main terminal.

Edited to add: The Q33 bus goes from the E train stop but does not go to the Marine Air Terminal. However, worst case, you could then take a free inter-terminal shuttle.

[This message has been edited by RichardInSF (edited Feb 12, 2004).]
Old Feb 13, 2004, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HeHateY:
IIRC, one of the transit buses that serves LGA does not go to the Marine Air (ex-flyingboat) Terminal. Am I correct?</font>
The Q33 bus serves all of the terminals at LGA EXCEPT the Marine Air Terminal. The Q47 serves the Marine Air Terminal only. Both the Q33 and the Q47 operate to and from the Roosevelt Avenue/Jackson Heights subway station.

Old Feb 13, 2004, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
What time will you be at LGA?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Analise:
I'm flying the Delta Shuttle to Boston Saturday morning and returning on Monday. I'll go to Hudson News, ask them about which Metrocards they sell, and report it to you on Tuesday.</font>
Old Feb 13, 2004, 6:47 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
I also bought a $10 or $20 Metrocard (i.e., fixed value) at that newsstand inside the main terminal. Of course, I had to walk there from the Delta terminal, since there is nothing in the Delta terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.