Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

DFW-FRA late June - Any tips for good fares? Time to buy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2004, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately I have to go to Germany for a family affair in the end of June (a time I usually avoid due to high fares). Does anyone have any suggestions for a low fare? Right now the best I can find is $900.

Is there a chance there will be a fare sale for that period (June 23-29), or should I buy now before the fares go higher?

Thanks.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:46 pm

I doubt fares will go any higher(unless you wait until the very last minute). Airlines tend to ask the most for summer travel during the winter period. Once April rolls around, they start looking at their summer load sales and if they are a bit light, they start to discount the fares. You might also want to keep an eye on all European gateways becuase with a very good sale fare into another city, it might price out cheaper even with the extra airfare required to get you into FRA.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 4:41 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP; 2M Lifetime PLT member-
try 60000 Aadvantage miles instead,
or check out onepass... you may have to be a bit flexible on your dates....

Pay fares that time of yr normally hover around $900-$1000... so you are doing fine
Old Feb 13, 2004, 8:49 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
If there are better deals to be had, they tend to be last minute or consolidators...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.