Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Raddison Lexingotn in NY

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2004, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Raddison Lexingotn in NY

Anyone stayed at the Raddison Lexington in NY? If so how was it? I searched on the Raddison board and found nothing. Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2004, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Check out the (mostly poor) reviews on TripAdvisor at http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._New_York.html .
Old Feb 8, 2004, 8:23 pm

Also check out BiddingforTravel's archives:

http://www.biddingfortravel.com

Click on "New York" and choose the first link, for hotels, and look for the Radisson Lexington (Eastside) NY and click on Review for that.

Or use this link to get directly there:

http://pub210.ezboard.com/fpriceline...picID=67.topic

Here was my review:

I'm sad to hear all the negative comments about this hotel, I was told I had "overpaid" for this hotel and that "others think this hotel is very poor".

To the contrary, this hotel for me turned out to be superb. I had tried numerous bids leading up to this property just a few days prior, I got this hotel for $90/night over Fashion Week in NY and when the Dalai Lama was also in town. I had bid up to $150 in MTW 4* without luck and up to $120 in MTW 3* without luck.

This hotel was great, the lobby isn't large, but modern, the hotel is the old lexington hotel, there is a starbucks adjoining the lobby and plenty of breakfast places around the corner. The room was certainly not huge, but it wasn't tiny either. It was smartly decorated, a marble bathroom, tiny staining on the walls but great nonetheless, large TV and whilst I didn't get views on the 4th floor other than some other buildings nearby and roofs, it was still great value. Considering other properties (such as the Hyatt SFO) the room isn't as big but it has a nicer feel, not as great for families. For $90 I certainly wasn't disappointed at all and I wouldn't panic if you get this property in MTE.

Additionally, we needed to stay extra nights and they were more than happy to accomodate at $119 per night which was excellent as we didn't have internet access once in NY.
Old Feb 8, 2004, 8:44 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Arcolaio99:
Anyone stayed at the Raddison Lexington in NY? If so how was it? I searched on the Raddison board and found nothing. Thanks!</font>
The place needs a massive renovation. Service is problematic too. It is however, traditionally, the cheapest hotel via direct booking that gives points/miles in Manhattan.

Do you need alternative hotel suggestions in the same price range?
Old Feb 9, 2004, 7:09 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GUWonder:
The place needs a massive renovation. Service is problematic too. It is however, traditionally, the cheapest hotel via direct booking that gives points/miles in Manhattan.

Do you need alternative hotel suggestions in the same price range?
</font>
Sure if you have them. I need a place to crash after the Freddies. It was coming up quite cheap for that night. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:08 am

For the cheap prices available for a very small but clean room, and as long as you realize it is a 2+ or 3- place with some charm, go for it. I have stayed there before, and accepted it, but would not recommend it for my parents.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:40 am

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
I recently stayed at the La Quinta Manhattan for $80.99/nite. This hotel is on 32nd St. just west of 5th Ave. There is a subway stop 1/2 block west of the hotel at 32nd & Broadway. You might try the La Quinta website for rates on your target date. This hotel was clean, the room was a reasonable size, furnishings were fine, it had a nice bathroom, and the rate includes free breakfast.

This hotel is a real find for people looking for "cheap" but safe/nice accommodation. Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel for extra quiet, there is no street noise in those rooms.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 7:53 pm

If you want some ideas for cheap places (booking with the hotel directly and earn points/miles) - try:

http://www.nycvisit.com

It includes the Paint the Town card which you can print out for savings and discount codes for stays in NY. There are also savings there for various things from musicals, plays, to cruises on NY Waterway!

Hope it helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.