Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Time To Book (Domestic Air)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2004, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Best Time To Book (Domestic Air)

I'm planning a trip this summer from Newark NJ (EWR) to Sacramento (SAC, I think). Travelocity's FareWatch has lower fares for that trip right now than for August, when the convention is. When can I expect the August fares to go down?

Also, this was posted in July 2003 in a similar discussion about international travel:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">...My sugggestion is to book as far in advance as possible and just after midnight Sunday. Don't forget. most airlines allow you to "downgrade" you fare. If you buy your ticket and the fare goes down you can receive a transportation voucher for the difference... </font>
"Midnight" in the airline's time zone? (For Continental, that would be Central Time; I'm in Eastern.)

And is that bit about a voucher still true?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.