Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Your opinion on this? Not sure what it really is...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2004, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Royal Holidays ((RCI?)) - an acquaintence bought this and paid for the initial fees a few years back and does not want to go through the hassle of egay and other methods to sell it. All I would pay is the yearly fee and the transfer fee for it (700 total for this year). The full amount of points are on it.

I have been told the yearly fee has been static for 3 years or so @ 700

I don't know where the "primary" timeshare is located, but I do know that you just basically pick where you want to go (apparently, they have worldwide hotels) and reserve ahead of time using your points. Say, Miami beach Sheraton (beachfront from the looks of the brochure)'s "Presidential" rooms would go for 30,000 for a full week. My point total a year is 37,500 or so. These points also work for carnival cruises...

When I think about it, this doesn't sound like the traditional "timeshare", more like "pointshare" or something...

Any firsthand or expert opinion on whether or not this is a good deal?

Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2004, 1:02 am

egay can be a downer, true.

anyway, google gives bad reviews of royal holidays.
Old Feb 8, 2004, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Those are simply bad experiences by Canadians of their sales 'presentations'.

I don't care about that and is simply interested in what the company is about and do they deliver on the promised hotels and such...

It is odd as the format is not typical timeshare but is points based...
Old Feb 8, 2004, 5:34 pm

Your wish, my command!

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...oints+exchange

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.