Wiki Posts
Search

Need Car Rental advice in SYR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2004, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Need Car Rental advice in SYR

I need to go to SYR for the day one week from today. Are there any specials in which I can rent a full size (or better yet an SUV) for under $50 including tax and fees? I went to all the rental car forums which have a presence at SYR yet could not find a code to help and my fingers are tired from searching (yes, feel free to start the violins). So, I figured I'd come here. Any good promo codes? Thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
If you have any Amex card, go to this link:

http://www.americanexpressofferzone....hCat=&srchReg=

for a discount with Alamo. Buick Century or similar for one day: under $34.00, tax included.

If you're going to be in or near downtown Syracuse, try to get to the Dinosaur BBQ for lunch or dinner. If you prefer Italian food, Joey's/Pronto Joey's near Carrier Circle in East Syracuse is also pretty good.

Old Jan 28, 2004, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Thank you! Alamo works.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, HHonors Silver, Hyatt Diamond
Avis is generally cheap, and there are some amazing 20% off codes, check out:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...000061-15.html

Armory square downtown has decent nightlife for a small city. College kids pretty much run the place, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.