Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

18 Hours in SIN

18 Hours in SIN

Old Jan 25, 04, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

18 Hours in SIN

Any votes for must-do's?

Tips on an inexpensive hotel near or at the airport?

Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 04, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
I can't answer the must-do question, but I was in SIN recently for about 18 hours and found it easy enough to get in and our of the city to stay downtown, instead of at the airport.
Old Jan 25, 04, 9:16 pm

The entire island is near the airport, I live at the opposite end and it takes me <30 min by taxi.

18 hours isn't much time even for little Singapore. What are your interests? If they include "shopping" or "eating", you've come to the right place.
Old Jan 26, 04, 2:40 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jpatokal:
The entire island is near the airport, I live at the opposite end and it takes me &lt;30 min by taxi.

18 hours isn't much time even for little Singapore. What are your interests? If they include "shopping" or "eating", you've come to the right place.
</font>
Anything to do if you are only there from 1am to 6am??

Last time I was there I just surfed on the free internet terminals they had to use.

Old Jan 26, 04, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA gold/SPG something or another
Eat as much as you can.. the food is so good.

The question really is, what do you want to do? Shopping? Parks? Just want to see the city?

You may want to look into the CityTour that SG offers since you'll be there a short time.
Old Jan 26, 04, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

seeing the city really.....parks, interesting people watching areas, architecture, gondolas? that kind of stuff.

is the shopping in SIN very different from HKG? I've been there several times, so I'm assuming I don't really need much shopping time.

Old Jan 26, 04, 8:51 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Live4Miles:
Anything to do if you are only there from 1am to 6am??</font>
Find a hawker centre and stuff yourself silly, most have at least some stalls open overnight. Newton Circus is a mildly touristy favorite for this. Hit the clubs on the weekends, some are now open 24h and almost all until 4am. Or head to that Singaporean institution, the Mustafa shopping center in Little India, which is now open 24h (and always packed).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: