Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

10th Wedding Anniversary - Where to go?

10th Wedding Anniversary - Where to go?

Old Jan 25, 04, 8:06 am

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
(Insert joke about anything being better than El Paso here)

You want to go someplace neither of you have been, so it's a new experience for both? Or would you rather play tour guide with a place you loved that she hasn't seen?

My wife & I did both on our last European excursion - went someplace new to both of us (Brussels), and an area where she has been many times (London).
Old Jan 25, 04, 9:50 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by empedocles:
(Insert joke about anything being better than El Paso here) </font>
Hey, El Paso isn't that bad, it could be a whole lot worse, you could live here

We have done both types of trips. In Italy we took a two week guided tour, and she liked that, because of all the traveling and arrangements that are involved.

Independent if it's only to a city, or a couple at the most.
Old Jan 25, 04, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA MP
French Polynesia.

Nuff said
Old Jan 25, 04, 6:10 pm

Location: UAL PP/2MM, SPG LT PLT75, Marriott LT Plat, IHG Spire
For combination of beaches and busy, what about Barbados or Puerto Rico? Both have lovely beaches with good water activities, but many activities on the islands as well.

We just came back from New Year's week in Barbados. Rented a villa with a cook and a maid and it was heavenly. They would make breakfast and dinner for us, then leave us alone during the day and after 7pm. It's great to not have to worry about making your bed but still have the space and privacy of a villa.

Grand Cayman is another great beach option with many excellent restaurants, but not as busy as the two mentioned.

Too bad you've already gone to Hawaii; that is great. Maybe another island?
Old Jan 25, 04, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tc fly girl:
THE GREEK ISLES!
I have traveled the world and I think Santorini is one of the most romantic places ever. It's a short flight from Athens and it is so beautiful she will never stop loving you for taking her there.

</font>
I second this suggestion. There's something magical about the place. When I was there, my girlfriend and I stayed in the northern most part of Santorini, instead of Thira (which one must visit, but which is crowded with tourists), which I also would recommend doing.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: