Basketball in London?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Basketball in London?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2004, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)
Basketball in London?

Possibly my strangest requiest for info on FT. When travelling in the USA I use www.healthclubs.com to find healthclubs with BB courts as that's my preferred cardio workout but London isn't coming up with anything...any suggestions...don't mind paying a few pounds
Old Jan 19, 2004, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'd love to find some B-Ball in London, but I've been going there for years and have found only one halfway decent tiny gym.
Old Jan 19, 2004, 11:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Have you tried the council owned sport centres? They would be more likely to have this kind of facility than a private gym. This gives the websites of all local councils in the UK - you will need to know the name of the London borough you are likely to be in, then on their websites should be info on recreation/leisure etc. As an example, here is the Hillingdon leisure page - its the first one I tried, and it does have sport centres which do offer basketball - at about £40 per hour for the hall.

Hope that helps!

Edited to add: You could also try posting this to the London forum, the guys there are much more knowledgeable than me and may be able to give some very specific advice.

[This message has been edited by Jenbel (edited Jan 20, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.