Search

OAK to San Francisco transportation?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2004, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
OAK to San Francisco transportation?

Will be flying into OAK to take advantage of some cheap fares. What's the best way to get to San Francisco (Nobb Hill)? I'm thinking some kind of auto-transport, not bus. Should I just take a cab, or is pre-arranging transport better/more economical?

Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2004, 8:32 pm

The cheapest is probably BART. there is a bus to the bart station. then cab once you are in san francisco.
Old Jan 18, 2004, 8:53 pm

I posted this question previously in the S.F. Airports section. Here is the thread -- a TON of info.

http://www.flyertalk.com/airports/ft...ML/000181.html
Old Jan 19, 2004, 12:05 am
RS

Programs: American Airlines Platinum Pro
I realize I'm biased because I'm lazy and I have the money to do this but here goes:

If you have about $30 - $40 bucks just take a cab. To do the BART thing, you have to get to BART from OAK which is a bus ride and then a train to probably Embarcadero station and then a cable car or bus to Nob hill. And then you walk to wherever. Total cost under $8. See:

http://www.bart.gov/guide/airport/airport.asp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.