Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone stayed in the Fairmont San Jose?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2004, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Anyone stayed in the Fairmont San Jose?

I'm wondering if it makes a difference if you stay in the Main Building or the Tower? The rates are the same.

Thanks

------------------
Michael Steinberg
Editor
BizTrip
www.biztrip.com
A site for travelers by a traveler with 20+ years experience
Please visit my site and let me know what you think.
Old Jan 18, 2004, 11:53 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Most of our stays (5 or 6) have been in the main building, only one in the tower.

My general recollection is that the main building is much better. The main issue is convenience. Almost everything except a few conference rooms is located in the main building, including access to the garage. The time we were there, you had to walk across an open courtyard to get from the main building to the tower, not too comfortable when it is cold and/or rainy. I don't know if they've changed that recently.

I also recall we had long waits for the elevator in the tower.

One other suggestion - try to get a room facing the park.

[This message has been edited by JerryFF (edited Jan 18, 2004).]
Old Jan 18, 2004, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

------------------
Michael Steinberg
Editor
BizTrip
www.biztrip.com
A site for travelers by a traveler with 20+ years experience
Please visit my site and let me know what you think.
Old Jan 18, 2004, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, season pass holder to all the places the kids want to go
I stayed there last November. My recollection is that there is no overhang between the main building and the tower building. Moreover, in order to get into the tower building at night, you need to slide your room key to unlock the outside door...but the silly thing is that they had a heavy piece of plastic over the key slide (like a mudflap - not like a mini-awning) - when a person is cold and is carrying things in one's hands, as I was, fumbling around to slide the key is lousy!

That said, my room was very nice - large, with separate shower and tub in the bathroom. It was nicer than my colleagues' rooms who stayed in the main building.

I also agree with JerryFF that most of the common public areas such as the main lounge, most conference areas, and the gift shop are in the main building - one other factor to consider.

[This message has been edited by michellemck99 (edited Jan 18, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.