Wiki Posts
Search

Train from Paris to Ghent

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2004, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL UA
Train from Paris to Ghent

Does any one know where I can get a schedule of trains from Paris to Ghent and back? I am flying in and out of Paris for a meeting in Ghent. I have found the SNCF site but I can't seem to get the schedules all the way through to Ghent. Can my travel agent book the tickets here?
Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2004, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Book train Paris to Brussels-Zuid and then take change to the trains for Gent, there are dozens of trains daily so no need to worry about sked.

Do not book in the US on Rail-Europe, more expensive and most tickets non-refundable.
Wait till the day of travel (From Bussels to Gent) and just go to the station, We were able to get a special fare for two pax travelling together.
Fares etc on link below:

http://www.thalys.com/

mike
Old Jan 12, 2004, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Use this Swiss Federal Railway site to get the timetable:

http://www.sbb.ch/index_e.htm

You can take the Thalys to Brussels and trasfer, or the TGV to Lille and transfer. Both about the same total time (2 hours) from Paris-Nord to Gent. The two methods alternate, depending on the hour.

[This message has been edited by rkkwan (edited Jan 12, 2004).]
Old Jan 12, 2004, 9:00 pm

All the info you need is at
http://www.raileurope.com/us/rail/fa...ules/index.htm
Old Jan 12, 2004, 10:39 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rkkwan:
Use this Swiss Federal Railway site to get the timetable:

http://www.sbb.ch/index_e.htm

You can take the Thalys to Brussels and trasfer, or the TGV to Lille and transfer. Both about the same total time (2 hours) from Paris-Nord to Gent. The two methods alternate, depending on the hour.

[This message has been edited by rkkwan (edited Jan 12, 2004).]
</font>

There is no need to go all the way from CDG to Paris-Nord, as there are TGV trains from the airport right to Brussels and Lille.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Track:

There is no need to go all the way from CDG to Paris-Nord, as there are TGV trains from the airport right to Brussels and Lille.
</font>
Good point. I wasn't thinking about the air-connection. But yes, the original poster definitely mentioned flying in to Paris.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL UA
thanks guys!
Old Jan 17, 2004, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA 2MM+; China Southern Gold VIP, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador
www.b-rail.be is a great resource, and in English. You will find all the timetables from Brussels-Ghent or any other Belgian city to Ghent.

When taking the TGV/Thalys to Brussels, there are several ticket prices, and many of them good to any other destination in Brussels (i.e. you dont have to buy another train ticket to go from Brussels to Ghent).

Old Jan 17, 2004, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA 2MM+; China Southern Gold VIP, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador
Also, dont have your ticket agent buy your tickets. Tickets are too expensive when bought outside of Europe. You can buy online, and choose the option of picking up the tickets at the train station or at any ATM in Paris.

If going through Brussels, you will be at the BRUSSELS-MIDI station (there are 3 main brussels stations; fast trains only go through MIDI).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.