Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The tiering in your frequent flyer / hotel / car hire programme

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2003, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
The tiering in your frequent flyer / hotel / car hire programme

I often look at peoples signature and get confused as to where each tier stands in their FF / hotel / car hire programme. So to simplify it if everyone posted the tiers of their programmes and perhaps the level required to attain the given status we may all learn something

British Airways

Premier (invitation only) - 1200 cardholders, at least international F on a weekly basis
Gold - 60,000 cardholders, 4 transatlantic F trips per year
Silver - 300,000 cardholders, 3 transatlantic J trips per year
Blue - 2 million cardholders, one flight of anything above discount Y per year
Old Dec 30, 2003, 2:53 pm
Suspended

And your point is ???

oops I forgot, it that person who seems to spend his whole life posting on here and averages 10 posts a day- every day.

Get a life
Old Dec 30, 2003, 2:57 pm

Programs: SPG Pref+, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, BA Blue, AA Riff-Raff, UA Unwashed, Travel Anonymous Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ewan Mebabe:
And your point is ???

oops I forgot, it that person who seems to spend his whole life posting on here and averages 10 posts a day- every day.

Get a life
</font>
Perhaps his point might be that it would be interesting and even educational to learn about various tiers on other programmes. And just maybe we can reduce the number of postings asking "What is &lt;insert elite level&gt;?", "How can I reach &lt;insert elite level&gt;", etc.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ewan Mebabe:
And your point is ???

Get a life
</font>
Rough day in Glasgow, huh?

The OP's idea is a good one: I'm wondering if Webflyer or somewhere similar already has a database describing the different programs - sort of a program comparison tool. I thought I saw one a year or two ago there, but don't recall if it had the tier levels. I would think it should, along with whether some fares earn fewer/more qualifying miles.

I've been active in most US FF programs, and most of them are 25-50-100. But I think there are a couple 25-50-75's (?) and maybe other variants. I doubt many of us know them all - especially when we throw int'l carriers into the mix - so I think such a tool would certainly be very useful.
Old Jan 1, 2004, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
And your point is ???

Get a life
</font>
I find it ironic that your post has absolutely no point

You have been a member a year and post around once every three days yet you seem to make absolutely NO posts of interest / information / humour
Old Jan 1, 2004, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Back to the topic.

United

United Global Services - Replaces the old local VIP program. Last year may have had 10,000 members. This year possibly half that number. This is by invitation only and is given based on very high revenue or influencing significant revenue.

Premier Executive 1K - 100,000 miles flown or 100 segments. Could have been earned for 2004 with less than 40,000 miles flown via the Great Offer and Double EQM offer. 30,000 members?

Premier Executive - 50,000 miles flown or 60 segments. Some members qualified for this status for 2004 on a single roundtrip itinerary. Maybe 250,000 members?

Premier - 25,000 miles flown or 30 segments. Maybe 500,000 members?

[This message has been edited by gleff (edited Jan 01, 2004).]
Old Jan 1, 2004, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Again, on topic. I am with BA and have no hope whatsoever of getting status with them since I'm cheap when it comes to travel

I'm also with Swiss (missed silver by 10000, bugger):

Swiss Travelclub Silver: 40000 miles in 12 months. 40000 miles in subsequent year to keep this status.

Swiss Travelclub Gold: 80000 miles in 12 months. 60000 miles in subsequent year to keep this status.

Swiss Circle: They appear to have stopped advertising this. It is invitation only.

Status is earned by miles only. Even the cheapest flights earn full miles.

Edited to add that once Swiss Travelclub merges with BAEC, getting status will probably not be as easy as it is at the moment. Also, it's worth noting that this is a very convenient backdoor into BAEC for those who don't want to pay full fare/business to qualify for joining

For hotels, I'm in Intercontinental's (currently changing) Six Continents Club/Priority Club:

30 days of stays in Intercontinental Hotels gets executive level status (ususally means a club room or a small suite in my experience)

80 days in one year spent at three different Intercontinental hotels (and I know someone who managed this with casual ease) gets Ambassador level. This typically means a small club suite or larger suite and the mini bar is free!

[This message has been edited by Internaut (edited Jan 01, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.