Wiki Posts
Search

gate agents shouldn't be lazy and lie

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2003, 4:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

gate agents shouldn't be lazy and lie

While traveling this weekend, poor planning when booking caused me to have to fly standby for 1 trip (2 connecting flights).

Both times (in 2 separate airports), the ticket counter agent or the gate agent were too lazy and just said that the flights were full. They were not nasty, but just said sorry.

After trying to persuade them to put me on the standby list, they did. Guess what? I got a seat on both flights.

The 1st flight was a 44 seat CRJ with 46 people booked (I was #47). There were approximately 42 passengers, including me, in the end.

The 2nd flight was a 50 seat plane with me being the 57th on the list. About 48 seats were occupied.

Promising a seat or speculating is one thing, but being lazy and trying to make the passenger go away without even trying is sign that these 2 people are not good employees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.