FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Global Scavenger Hunt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/297399-global-scavenger-hunt.html)

auh2o Dec 10, 2003 4:23 pm

Global Scavenger Hunt

Hello Fellow Traveler –

Frankly, we’re looking for some savvy global travelers who want to go around the world next spring and participate in an annual travel adventure competition that will crown “The World’s Greatest Travelers” and dish out $100,000 in cash and prizes!

It’s called GreatEscape2004: The Global Scavenger Hunt and to keep all the teams honest, it will be A Blind Date With The World so no one knows were we’ll be actually heading. But, we will be touching down on 4 continents and visit at least 10 countries over three weeks between April 16th and May 9th, 2004. We’ll be going from Los Angeles to New York City—the long way!

If you’re at all interested, please take a moment to visit GlobalScavengerHunt.com or give us a shout at 310.281.7809. The event is limited to 25-teams of 2-people to all ages, but a travel resume is essential. Below are few of the reviews from our last event.

Thanks for your time,
Pamela Finmark
GlobalScavengerHunt.com

There was some thought of FT sponsoring a team on one of these last year.

debua1k Dec 10, 2003 5:04 pm

That sounds like soooo much fun! Are you going to apply auh2o?

alect Dec 10, 2003 5:07 pm

I am definitely interested but your website has nothing on it other than a jpg...no info, no links.

UALOneKPlus Dec 10, 2003 5:24 pm

This sounds suspiciously like "Amazing Race".

Kiwi Flyer Dec 10, 2003 5:24 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by alect:
I am definitely interested but your website has nothing on it other than a jpg...no info, no links.</font>
Try this

RichardInSF Dec 10, 2003 7:05 pm

Sometimes I think I am just too cynical, but I sure would like to see this web page talk about what percentage of the fees collected go to charity, and detail their previous grants and amounts. Also, before entrusting them with nearly $10 grand a person, I'd like to see some financial information about the foundation -- sure hate to be stranded in Pakistan midway through the contest!

There is a page to click on entitled "Who We Support" that lists some charities at the bottom but provides no information beyond that list.

At the top of that page, they say:

"The GreatEscape Foundation is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) California-based non-profit
organization designed to promote charitable giving and other noble causes associated
with the annual GreatEscape: The Global Scavenger Hunt™ events."

What is their selection procedure? What characterizes a "noble cause" if it is NOT a charity?

Kiwi Flyer Apr 24, 2004 7:55 pm

Are there any FTers doing this?

cuguy Apr 24, 2004 8:23 pm

Sounds fun.....

Actually sounds like fun and a chance to see lots of the world.

What class do participants fly since they provide the tickets? First, Business, or Coach? If coach, would have to think about it some.

HigherFlyer Apr 24, 2004 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by cuguy
Actually sounds like fun and a chance to see lots of the world.

What class do participants fly since they provide the tickets? First, Business, or Coach? If coach, would have to think about it some.

The REAL question is... do the tickets qualify for FF miles?! :D

kreeft Apr 25, 2004 9:45 am

Ooh! They said you can charge the entrance fee! More miles! Cha-ching!