Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enterprise Rent-a-Car $9.99 Weekend Special

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2003, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Enterprise Rent-a-Car $9.99 Weekend Special

• Valid through 11/21/03 for rentals beginning on Friday and ending the following Monday.
• Offer valid at participating neighborhood locations.
• Rates are higher at airport locations and metro and/or greater Boston, Chicago, District of Columbia, New York and San Francisco locations.
• Offer includes 100 miles per day.
• Offer rates do not include 34% or lower tax and/or additionial surcharges, .45 or less per mile for excess miles, airport access and related fees
• Offer rates do not include licensing fees of $2 or less per day, refueling fees, and optional damage waiver of $26 or less per day.
• In many states, you are responsible for vehicle damage. Check your auto policy and/or credit card agreement for rental vehicle coverage.
• Pick up and drop-off service subject to restrictions and/or additional charges.
• Offer requires an advance reservation. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer.
• Normal rental qualifications apply. Vehicle availability is limited and other restrictions may apply.

www.enterprise.com
Old Sep 20, 2003, 5:18 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
As this has nothing to do with Mileage or Points "Buzz", I'll move it to "Travel Buzz".

------------------
Craig6z
Buzz & United Moderator
Old Sep 22, 2003, 2:36 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
I did a 3 day weekend rental (Friday to Monday) in Austin the weekend before last. I flew into AUS, took Capital Metro bus into downtown Austin & walked 1 block to Enterprise car rental office. Worth saving $40-$50. My time of riding bus also saved 3 hrs of car rental charges. Worked out well as my total was $39 with all taxes.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 7:40 am

You can get similar rates and double miles too for a Friday to Monday rental with Hertz. I have booked for the coming weekend - works to $42 all included for 3 days.

http://www.hertz.com/special_07/index.jsp
Old Sep 22, 2003, 2:47 pm

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Wow. Thanks!

I will be in MCO this weekend and had booked a $16 rental at the airport with Thrifty. But this rate minus airport fees comes out so much less that I will take the bus to/from the airport for $1.50!

I will rent for 24 hours less and save $70!! Woohoo!

------------------
Just trying to keep up with the gals in the trailer park next door.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Note the mileage restriction on that Enterprise deal. Most rental car companies feature unlimited miles: you're better off with Hertz and a 3rd-day-free coupon code, unless you are really, really convinced that you won't drive the car very far. Really convinced.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 4:16 am

I just checked out the "specials" on the Hertz web-site. I have done MUCH better (larger car and/or lower rate) 3 - 4 times through Hotwire. And twice the rental company was Hertz.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 8:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by biged:
I just checked out the "specials" on the Hertz web-site. I have done MUCH better (larger car and/or lower rate) 3 - 4 times through Hotwire. And twice the rental company was Hertz.</font>
I was talking about specifically a three-day weekend rental (e.g., an alternative to the $9.99 Enterprise deal). In that case, you typically find a $18-25 daily rate, and there is always a code available for $20 off or Third Day Free. That is typically cheaper than what you can get through Priceline or Hotwire, and - more importantly - it's a "regular" rental with #1 Club Gold service.

I've done about a dozen weekend rentals this year using these codes. Recently, National one-upped Hertz by offering a Second Weekend Day free code.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tenacious:
• Valid through 11/21/03 for rentals beginning on Friday and ending the following Monday.
• Offer valid at participating neighborhood locations.
• Rates are higher at airport locations and metro and/or greater Boston, Chicago, District of Columbia, New York and San Francisco locations.
• Offer includes 100 miles per day.
• Offer rates do not include 34% or lower tax and/or additionial surcharges, .45 or less per mile for excess miles, airport access and related fees
• Offer rates do not include licensing fees of $2 or less per day, refueling fees, and optional damage waiver of $26 or less per day.
• In many states, you are responsible for vehicle damage. Check your auto policy and/or credit card agreement for rental vehicle coverage.
• Pick up and drop-off service subject to restrictions and/or additional charges.
• Offer requires an advance reservation. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer.
• Normal rental qualifications apply. Vehicle availability is limited and other restrictions may apply.

www.enterprise.com
</font>

Extended through 5/7/04 for rentals beginning on Friday and ending the following Monday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.