Business to Coach = Refund?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business to Coach = Refund?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2003, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat
People had recommended discussing it with your customer (or employer before they understood the situation). I wouldn't do either. It might make you seem like a weasel to your customer (or employer) causing undue scrutiny and distrust.

If F is not that important to you, then why not tell your customer (or employer) that you prefer that they keep the extra $6500 and have a coach ticket purchased. However your customer (or employer) decides to reward you is up to them. Maybe a bonus, maybe admiration and additional respect which could lead to more business (or a promotion in the case of the employer).
Old Jun 8, 2003, 1:34 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by killerbrew:
People had recommended discussing it with your customer (or employer before they understood the situation). I wouldn't do either. It might make you seem like a weasel to your customer (or employer) causing undue scrutiny and distrust.

If F is not that important to you, then why not tell your customer (or employer) that you prefer that they keep the extra $6500 and have a coach ticket purchased. However your customer (or employer) decides to reward you is up to them. Maybe a bonus, maybe admiration and additional respect which could lead to more business (or a promotion in the case of the employer).
</font>
I agree with this approach. Whenever you're in doubt about the right thing to do, the golden rule is to be candid and forthright.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 3:08 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gabbysz:
Here's what can be done:

1. Buy your FC ticket on your personal credit card as an E-ticket.
2. Buy your coach ticket on another personal credit card (E-ticket or otherwise, doesn't matter).
3. After receiving the receipt for your FC E-ticket, keep it for expensing.
4. Call the airline directly and have them refund the FC E-ticket directly to your credit card.

This will give you a receipt to use for expenses and the refund on your credit card, voila! This will only work if your company allows you to use any credit card for expenses.
</font>
Um, not to rain on anyone's parade, but isn't there a word for this practice? "Fraud," I believe?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.