Wiki Posts
Search

Eating on Planes etc.

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2003, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Eating on Planes etc.

Hello,

A few weeks ago (maybe 3-4 at the maximum) there was an excellent discussion about eating on planes with some excellent arguments from both sides. Spent ages trying to find it without luck.

Anyone remember where it was? And sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.

Jeremiah
Old May 24, 2003, 10:27 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
teahan, you might find this under one of the specific airlines. However, as a general topic, this would be appropriate for TravelBuzz and I'll move it there.
Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, Community
Old May 25, 2003, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Eating on airplanes? In coach, the food on USA airlines is next to inedible, so you have to bring your own.

I can't see anything wrong with bringing your own, even if it is a bit aromatic. This is one of the realities of traveling together in a small narrow enclosed aluminum tube.

So I'll weigh in on: buy what you want, carry it on, eat it.
Old May 28, 2003, 5:00 pm

Sorry if this conversation has already occurred, but to throw my two-cents worth into the mix, please don't bring anything to smelly and please cleanup after yourself. I stuck my planner in a bag of Taco bell the other day. I was NOT pleased
Old May 28, 2003, 7:13 pm

I flew United a few days ago from Chicago, got very lucky and managed to get upgraded. It was not what I expected in the food department. Is this going to be the norm for United?
I think they called it a "brunch"
Old May 29, 2003, 4:00 pm

I also think that the airlines should publish their "choices" on their web pages so we can decide if we want to wait to eat or not. I hate being presented with a fish option.
Old May 29, 2003, 4:14 pm

I'm a full believer in bringing your own. Having flown in steerage my whole life, I know the horrors of real bad airline food - and when I long haul I usually do bring a snack or two. Beats the peanuts anyhow.

Now if only we could bring our own booze when they decide to charge on Int'l flights.

------------------
Roger travels to Europe this summer. Follow along! http://www.thisworldtraveler.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.