Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Use your airplane mode on airplane?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2003, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Use your airplane mode on airplane?

My new mobile has "airplane mode". Very useful sometimes for making schedule entries without using radio part of phone. My problem in the United States is I am Arab, so everybody is suspicious about me on the airplanes (I like the first row of first class). Will flight attendants understand "airplane mode" if I try to use my phone in airplane mode during flight or will they say no mobile phone use, and maybe think I am a terrorist?
Old May 16, 2003, 11:26 am

Location: USAir Chairman's Pref, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, etc...The Beach, NC USA
Unfortunately...
I have seen them make someone take off headphones that weren't even plugged in, have tried just playing games on my phone, nope on all accounts. And I believe nationality/skin color has nothing to do with that. First class or coach, Arab or Anglo-Saxon, think you have to wait for them to catch up to whatever technology you have on that phone.
Old May 16, 2003, 12:14 pm

Location: Orange County (SNA) CA, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold
I agree with Skip, regardless of what you look like the FA's are probably not going to understand what the various modes are on the phone and will ask you to turn it of or put it away - at least that's been my experience on flights in the US
Old May 16, 2003, 1:54 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
I use my blackberry onboard all the time.

I usually remember to put it in airplane mode.

Of course, it looks like a PDA, not a cell phone (although it serves as both).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.