Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA is way out of hand

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2003, 6:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
I really feel sorry for most of you, but flying about 75K per year(1/2-D,1/2-I), I've never, ever, been put through what some of you experienced. Maybe it's time to ask yourself a question, why me? Sometimes the answers, as hard as they may be to accept, are staring you in the face.
Flame away.....
Old May 9, 2003, 6:49 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Thanks for a fairly inane contribution.

Are you saying either: 1)These abuses never happen or 2)People bring this abuse on themselves or 3)People should just ignore the abuse?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andrzej:
I really feel sorry for most of you, but flying about 75K per year(1/2-D,1/2-I), I've never, ever, been put through what some of you experienced. Maybe it's time to ask yourself a question, why me? Sometimes the answers, as hard as they may be to accept, are staring you in the face.
Flame away.....
</font>

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry
Old May 9, 2003, 7:11 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
Thanks for a fairly inane contribution.

Are you saying either: 1)These abuses never happen or 2)People bring this abuse on themselves or 3)People should just ignore the abuse?

</font>
None of the above, but why is it that I never get 'raped', why is it that I fly through security on a regular basis? Does abuse happen? I'm sure it does, but all the name calling in the world not going to solve it. Do I like what we are becoming as a nation? NO, I'm the first to scream about civil rights that most of the 'lambs' are willing to give up just so they are "SAFER"?
The reality of flying, is this. It is the favorite target of anybody that wants to make a point. 5 minute security check is not going to change or effect my life in any way. Will it guarantee a safe passage 100% of the time? no, but it probablydid lower the chance of some idiot to sneak through.
Now when it comes to listening to my phone calls or reading my e-mails, or reporting on my neighbors, I will be the first to sign up to a new revolutionary army!
My point is this, abie by the security regulations, and in MOST cases you will be surprised how easy it is. If there is a TSA moron that thinks s/he is GOD, if it was me, I would demand attention of their bosses/supervisors rightthere and file complaints on the spot. I know some of you will say, that this reaction will just get you in deeper trouble, well, I look at it this way, if I felt the same about the issue as some of you do, it will take somebody to stand up and fight the power. If you feel that it needs to be addressed, don't call people names, and feel good about it, DO SOMETHING!!!

Old May 9, 2003, 7:12 am
Suspended

Something goofy going on around here....
My original post was "quoted" again, that's why this edit!
Sorry

[This message has been edited by andrzej (edited 05-09-2003).]
Old May 11, 2003, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Yes, I've complained many times to TSA about the incidents I've discribed. THEY HAVE NEVER RESPONDED. They don't care, period, as far as I can tell, about alleged abuses.

Does this sound like a problem in itself?

It is critically important to discuss this issue in what used to be a more free society
because the trend of the governemt taking
what it wants from the people is alarming,
tramatizing, and only public outcry will improve it.

At the moment, the only terrorists' I ever see are the TSA themselves
ruining travelers days', day after day, and
possibly this will continue forever.

I asked TSA what questions they needed answers to at security checkpoints, they
declined to respond.

The explosive detectors think hand lotion
and perfume is nitro-glycerin.

Yes, there is unfortunately a case for the need to pry into our persons and carryon
because of current events.

Only to evaluate its' possibly banned threat potential,

Only with a demonstrated presumtion of innocence,

Only with respect for our, tick-tick, lost time, inconvenience, and for ourselves as law abiding great citizens.

I submit that is not presently the case,
and only the clear consistant voice of
concerned (i.e. pissed off) travelers
can possibly improve the situation.

The government is using the fear of 911 to
justify nearly anything they want to do,
and you're paying for it, and you're taking it where the light don't shine.

All that I can do is try to have my small voice heard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.