Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wright Brothers Turning Over in Graves

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2003, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Wright Brothers Turning Over in Graves

Anyone have any tips on air travel to the Outer Banks of North Carolina? I am used to the road trip from D.C., but having moved to Philly area, I am wondering if flight may be better...where does one fly into? Norfolk? Anyone have any travel tips? I've been to the Outter Banks of NC many times, but never via air travel.

------------------
Old May 7, 2003, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, QF PLT, Marriott PLT
I would think that it's faster to drive from PHL, but if you're going to fly commercial, Norfolk is the closest reasonably large airport.

I think I'd drive down Eastern Maryland and take the Chesapeake Bridge/Tunnel -- it's only another couple of hours to the memorial. Do stop at Manteo and have some homebrew at the Weaping Radish.

------------------
Please help me raise money for the American Diabetes Association.
Old May 7, 2003, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you want to fly, Southwest flies BWI-Norfolk inexpensively.
Old May 8, 2003, 9:00 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Well, if you are interested in seeing where the Wright Brohters first flew, you can go to First Flight Airport in Kill Devil Hills. (KFFA).

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KFFA

Old May 8, 2003, 2:01 pm

or go to the Wright Brothers National Memorial (National Parks System):

http://www.nps.gov/wrbr/
Old May 11, 2003, 7:56 am

If you are going to fly why not consider Myrtle Beach which is in my humble opinion a much nicer beach than the Outer Banks area. I am by no means an expert. My time in the Myrtle Beach area was in North Myrtle Beach and the Outer Banks area in Nags Head. Of course Myrtle Beach doesn't have the cool dunes that you find on the Outer Banks. You can however fly directly into Myrtle Beach. I just did a quick check on Expedia and it seems it is also cheaper to fly into Myrtle Beach than Norfolk from Philadelphia. Longer flight, lower cost, go figure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.