Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Making $$ with Travel Photography?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2006, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Making $$ with Travel Photography?

Anyone know of any places where you can sell your travel photos? Im talking about landscape, cultural images, etc. that can be used for a variety of purposes. Just wondering if anyone had done this before and how easy it was...
Old Feb 10, 2006, 11:01 am
nfc

Programs: WN AList; Delta Nada; Hilton DIamond; Marriot Gold
If you're doing this as a hobby and not to make tons of money, iStockPhoto is a great site. Very easy to use and the images on the site are excellent.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Indian Railways Wallah Program
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Just wondering if anyone had done this before and how easy it was...
Selling photos to a stock agency (as linked above - iStockPhoto was just acquired by Getty Images, one of the largest stock photo agencies) is very easy.

Making money isn't - there's quite a bit of competition, especially for travel photos. Most photographers don't take enough, good, images to be profitable. Most of the professional photographers I know, aside from the really good, have side businesses (camera repair, weddings, etc) to support themselves. With the advent of places like iStockPhoto, the economics get worse for the semi-pro photographer.

Last edited by cj001f; Feb 10, 2006 at 12:26 pm
Old Feb 10, 2006, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I was just hoping to make a few dollars here and there...not as a profession. I hope it'll be worth it, I'll try it out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.