Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

taxi from fll to miami beach

Old Dec 3, 02, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know how much a taxi would cost from fll to miami beach. Also, does anyone have experience with the rideshare service operating out of fll? thanks
Old Dec 4, 02, 1:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by *silver:
Does anyone know how much a taxi would cost from fll to miami beach. Also, does anyone have experience with the rideshare service operating out of fll? thanks</font>
The taxi is like $75+ dollars from FLL to Miami. There is a ride a share van which is much cheaper and works well if you don't have oversized luggage. You may want to call ahead to arrange for that as it seemed to be a somewhat pre-scheduled/arranged ride share like Super Shuttle. The other option is to take the FLL bus to the train station for a pretty cheap fare. Make sure you take the right bus if you do, as one bus takes a long way and requires a change of buses to get you to the Amtrak/S.Fl train line that connects Hollywood/FLL and Miami.

I recommend the share ride if cost/convenience is to be balanced and $75 is too dear. A rental car can be pretty reasonable too but pre-book that.
Old Dec 4, 02, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I took a cab once - thought I was saving money by flying into FLL - WRONG! It was $80, and it took forever to get to Miami Beach.
Old Dec 4, 02, 3:44 pm

Don't even think about a taxi - take a shuttle.
Old Dec 4, 02, 4:41 pm

Taxi will be in the $80 range, whereas supershuttle is $18. If I recall correctly, you'll have to reserve in advance at FLL.
(I've only gone from SoBe to FLL with them)

------------------
Could be worse...at least we still have the Interstate Highway system!

Search this Thread