Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Which Airlines have the Worst First Class Domestic Service?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2002, 1:45 pm
ShortyDog

I think we all can safely say that first class service isn't what it used to be back in the days (with all current things considered). I remember when first class got you a nice hot meal and impeccable service. Now, the first class meal of today seems to be the coach meal of yesterday. But, the cost of FC has stayed the same or gone even higher. For those of you who fly multiple domestic carriers, who do you feel has the worst (and/or best) first class domestic US first class service?

Old Nov 12, 2002, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G
Worst:
America's West
Northwest

Best:
Continental
Delta
Old Nov 12, 2002, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Worst, in my personal experience: America West
Old Nov 12, 2002, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
America West

Five hour flight and no food. It was darn hard to even buy a beer!
Old Nov 12, 2002, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA/CO-1KPlat, MARRIOTT-LT PLAT
I though all First Class was reduced to Business Class.
Old Nov 13, 2002, 9:19 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
While I don't have much to compare it to since I stick pretty much to one airline, I've found that, in general, United has some pretty good service -- both in terms of food and congeniality of the staff. Sure, there have been those oddball flights and strange meals, but I think UA does a pretty decent job! I've enjoyed many of their meals from their salmon to their meatloaf to their penne ravioli... and let's not forget the Asian Ginger salad dressing!
Old Nov 13, 2002, 5:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> Originally posted by JohnnyP:
and let's not forget the Asian Ginger salad dressing!</font>
I had the Asian Ginger dressing yesterday and I liked it so much I did something I never do and used 2 containers on one salad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.