Reload this Page >

Orbitz Car Rental Insurance Fees - What a Joke

Old Nov 5, 2002, 5:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref

Not that I ever take the insurance but I decided to click on the How was it calculated link and this is what pops up:

Rental Car Coverage price calculation

Rental Car Coverage is calculated on a per calendar day basis at $9 per day. Each calendar day counts as a separate day of coverage. (i.e. A car picked up at 9:00am on Monday and returned at 8:00am on Tuesday will count as 2 days of rental car coverage.)

What a bunch of scumbags going by calendar day
Old Nov 5, 2002, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Is it "Orbitz" insurance of some sort? Or insurance of the particular car vendor. And if so, what vendor?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 9:03 pm

Do not buy Orbitz car insurance

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Not that I ever take the insurance but I decided to click on the How was it calculated link and this is what pops up:

Rental Car Coverage price calculation

I purchased the car insurance with my rental as they solicited me daily. It was for a car rental through Orbitz for Fox in Shannon Ireland. The insurance was not acceptable in Ireland and I had to purchase different insurance. Now Orbitz refused to refund the useless insurance the my sold!

Rental Car Coverage is calculated on a per calendar day basis at $9 per day. Each calendar day counts as a separate day of coverage. (i.e. A car picked up at 9:00am on Monday and returned at 8:00am on Tuesday will count as 2 days of rental car coverage.)

What a bunch of scumbags going by calendar day

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.