Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight in Shreveport, LA on 9 NOV - need hotel downtown

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2001, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Overnight in Shreveport, LA on 9 NOV - need hotel downtown

I will be flying to SHV on Friday, 9 November, to hear the organ concert of Frédéric Blanc, a good friend from Paris, who will play at 7:00 p.m. at First United Methodist Church (located at the head of Texas Street ... the only address I have for them). This will be my first visit to Shreveport and I know nothing about the city.

Checking Orbitz and other search engines, I have found two hotels that are very close to the church and I wonder if any of you can recommend one over the other.

Best Western Chateau Suite Hotel
201 Lake Street, Shreveport LA 71101

Holiday Inn Shreveport I-20 Downtown
102 Lake Street, Shreveport LA 71101

From the maps I've seen, both properties appear to be withing walking distance of the church (I will not have a car) and both offer rates within $10 of each other. I know that for only one night and at this price point ($79-89) either one will probably meet my needs but just wondered if one is the clear winner over the other. If anyone knows of other hotels nearby - walking distance to the church or a short cab ride away - that you believe I should consider, please let me know.

With my thanks,

Bill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.