Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Monorail at EWR to possibly be closed for up to 4 months?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Monorail at EWR to possibly be closed for up to 4 months?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2001, 10:46 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Well, it ain't open!

No monorail yet, though it was scheduled to REopen yesterday, since the fuses apparently keep blowing!

There is now no new date yet for a scheduled reopening!

Enjoy the bus ride(s)!
Old Mar 2, 2001, 12:33 pm

Here is the 'official information from Newark Airport's web site on the monorail:
http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/monorailframe1.htm
Old Mar 2, 2001, 12:43 pm

Unbelievable! When I was there in January, I expected the monorail to be open ... I was lucky enough to get a front row spot in D1, right in front of the bus stop (had to get there about 5 am for this). Last month, I got there about 1:30 pm, there were no spots! I drove and drove and drove ... finally found what must have been the very last spot in D3 in front of a cone. It was COLD that day and I had to walk pretty far to get the bus. I hate taking the bus too since coming back, it's not like they run every three minutes or anything. Anyway, the driver told me that by the time I returned the monorail would be open. I came back from Cozumel in shorts and sandals (I travel light and didn't have anything else) and had to do that long walk again, maybe 2 am, in light snow. ARGGHHHHHHHHH Whatever doesn't kill you is good for you though right.

PS NJDavid that was hilarious but whatttttt - you don't like the New Jersey Diner? Maybe diners are still so new to me that I get excited about them but I actually get excited about eating there. Even on my interview in Manhattan (where I could have gotten any kind of food) last year for the job I have now, they forgot to get me any lunch (after offering, taking my order, etc.) and the guy was really apologetic about it. I said, "no problem, I am actually looking forward to eating at the airport" and I meant it! New York diners just don't seem to be as good as New Jersey diners, either.

[This message has been edited by CozumelJen (edited 03-02-2001).]
Old Mar 10, 2001, 7:51 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Todays the day to REopen the monorail officially!

Note the the busses are still running also but that the train is a FAR better alternative!

See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum94/HTML/004093.html

AND: And eventually, the new station linking Amtrak & NJ Transit with the EWR Monorail will be open - officially scheduled for "late 2001".

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 03-12-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.