Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2001, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Veullez ne pas me detester, Doc 2 Be! et
Old Jan 30, 2001, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Just a quick "Thank you!" to all who replied to my questions and concerns; I appreciate your time and your thoughts.

Bill
(Forgot to add that I will let you know how well our ground transfers went after I return from Paris)

[This message has been edited by bbinchi (edited 01-30-2001).]
Old Jan 30, 2001, 2:48 pm
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by ILuvParis:
Veullez ne pas me detester, Doc 2 Be! et

Ma Cherie, mon francais est tres mal et je ne comprends pas! At least that's what I tell the French! But seriously, please translate pour moi?

Thanx drtravels!

[This message has been edited by DOC 2 BE (edited 01-30-2001).]

Old Jan 30, 2001, 4:14 pm

Hey Dude (Doc 2 Be),

Do guys refer to each other as Ma cherie (hey, don't worry, we're cool - )?

The translation is "Please don't hate me, Doc 2 Be!"

Love ,
Jeff
Old Jan 30, 2001, 4:25 pm
DOC 2 BE

Oh Boy am I red-faced!!!! (Though I do not know how to do those smiley faces!)

Of course I don't hate you. Obviously, you have demonstrated a better comprehension of the French language than I do, notwithstanding your self deprecating remark about your language skills!!

By the way, I luv Paris too, but I am beginning to warm up to London, and I was truly fascinated by Rome!!

Au revoir,

D2B

Old Jan 30, 2001, 5:36 pm

D2B, Just having a little fun with you (a lot of fun actually). By the way, your French is far superior to mine. I had to get help just to be able to tease you!

The smiles? Just click on the Smiles Legend to the left when you are posting a message. Its all explained right there.

Plus tard, mon ami (or is it ma cherie) !

[This message has been edited by ILuvParis (edited 01-30-2001).]
Old Jan 31, 2001, 6:07 am

Bill,

I had not seen this post. Let me tell you that unless you feel as rich as Croeseus, Don't get a taxi immediately on arrival. The simple fact is that at that hour on Friday morning the A1 will be at a standstill. If the cab is heading into the 7th there is no way he can avoid coming in past the Peripherique. Ergo, the drive will last forever. I cannot offer you much respite from the traffic. I know that the school holidays will be on in France and I do not know at this moment whether Paris will be affected (France staggers these as most people go skiing and les pistes can't cope) - it would mean less traffic. If it were me, and I know that you have baggage, I would definitely take the RER into Paris. As you arriving at CDG2, the station is actually in the Terminal. Leave the train at the Gare du Nord and get a cab from there. It will a) save you a fortune b) save you as much as an hour c) if your cab driver is a smoker the cab may smell like a mobile ash-tray. I will discuss it with you on your next mileage run.

Cheers

Paul (this is from one who always takes a cab when arriving at CDG1 in the evening. Mornings no,
Old Jan 31, 2001, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Thanks, Paul, for the advice...will speak with you soon.

Bill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.