Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What is your favorite brand of travel guide?

What is your favorite brand of travel guide?

Old Dec 14, 00, 12:38 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt, BonWhut?
I'm a big timeout fan. I love their guides for layout, ideas, reviews and updating yearly.

The G&L section is very good and their women's section is also very good. The guides
are very heavy because of the paper stock, but you won't regret purchasing them. I would suggest buying them here, they are cheaper than in London or Paris.

I would also pick up the TIME OUT mag. in London (comes out Wed) for updated info and the TIME OUT paris comes in Pariscope or something, but I think they are in French.

THe timeout eating and drinking guides are also brilliant. I almost picked up the Paris one this weekend in London, but I'll wait until January. Those, I believe are easier to acquire in Europe at any good stockist.

The blue guides are also good if you like archititecture.

lala
Old Dec 14, 00, 12:38 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt, BonWhut?
I'm a big timeout fan. I love their guides for layout, ideas, reviews and updating yearly.

The G&L section is very good and their women's section is also very good. The guides
are very heavy because of the paper stock, but you won't regret purchasing them. I would suggest buying them here, they are cheaper than in London or Paris.

I would also pick up the TIME OUT mag. in London (comes out Wed) for updated info and the TIME OUT paris comes in Pariscope or something, but I think they are in French.

THe timeout eating and drinking guides are also brilliant. I almost picked up the Paris one this weekend in London, but I'll wait until January. Those, I believe are easier to acquire in Europe at any good stockist.

The blue guides are also good if you like archititecture.

lala
Old Dec 16, 00, 11:27 am

Programs: Lifetime: UA Gold, AA Gold, & Marriott Titanium
For gay & lesbian travel info, you may want to check out the travel channel on www.planetout.com. You can also buy the Out & About "master file" of updated restaurant/club/lodging/attractions listings through PlanetOut or through www.outandabout.com.

In terms of guides, i've always enjoyed the Lonely Planet guides, but usually rely on Zagat's for restaurants. I usually will buy travel guides at a bookstore rather than online so I can browse through them first to make sure they're good.

Search this Thread