Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Paris Hilton or Hyatt Paris Madeleine?

Old Dec 10, 00, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Having some trouble deciding which to stay at. The Hilton offers a king standard room and the Hyatt offers a queen standard room. Hyatt's website offers lots of pictures and information about their properties but Hilton rarely does. The Hyatt DOES look very modern and luxurious.

The lowest rate for the Hilton is 1400FF (about 180USD) and the lowest rate (with the 50% off United Airlines coupon) is 1450FF.

I do know that the location matters and that the Hilton is right next to the Eiffel Tower, however, the Eiffel Tower is slightly off center of the rest of the Parisian sites. Also, the Hilton seems quite a bit more worn out than the Hyatt.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
*HighFlyah*
Boston, MA

------------------
"Fly High, Fly and STAY *UNITED* - that's the only way to do it."
Old Dec 11, 00, 1:46 pm
Suspended

I tried using the Hilton UA coupon and got higher rates than specials going on. There is a F/S/S 3 for 2 or a F/S or S/S at 25% off that was lower than the rack rate less 50%. Promo codes SU and S7.

Staying at the Hilton next week so I can't comment on the quality but got a rate of 1100FRF/nt.

Dick
Old Dec 11, 00, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
I say go for the Hyatt Madeleine.

When I go to Paris, I stay in a friend's atelier about 200m from the Madeleine. You could not ask to be more central.

If you are a foody, then you are also steps from Fauchon, which is the true gourmet's sanctum sanctorum.

You are walking distance to everything in central Paris. If you have a good pair of shoes and a strong pair of feet, you can cover everything on foot (which is the way I love best to see Paris).

If you stay down near Champs de Mars/Tour Eiffel, you are more likely to use the métro to get to points east like le marais, etc. which would be a pity. You will also cover a lot of ground over and over again, whereas striking out from the Madeleine will probably be a new route every day.
Old Dec 12, 00, 1:36 am

Yes, the Hilton is convenient for the Eiffel Tower, and little else. It's about a three hundred yard walk to either métro station from the Hotel.

The Club room on the executive floor is OK, with Champagne on tap from around midday. The room we had last month was OK but small, albeit with a balcony with that view of the tower.

Try to visit Montparnasse and go up Paris's only skyscraper, the Tour Maine Montparnasse to Le Ciel de Paris, a cocktail bar and restaurant on the top floor. You get a great view of Paris and the Eiffel Tower, especially at night when the tower lights sparkle for 10 minutes after every hour.

[This message has been edited by mileonaire (edited 12-12-2000).]

Search this Thread