Reload this Page >

Paris Hotel suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris Hotel suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2000, 2:10 am

I stayed at the Hilton for 800 FF per night and got upgraded to exec floor as a diamond member.It was in a fab position with a wonderful view of the eiffel tower.Dont know what the price is then but maybe as a 50% off for united you could get it for the same otherwise i stayed at the Mayflower years ago just off Champs Elyesses. it was central and great.

[This message has been edited by tinkybelle (edited 08-06-2000).]
Old Aug 6, 2000, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
Smooth,

We'll be in Paris later in December. Still waiting to hear back from a couple of hotels, but have narrowed our search down somewhat. Seems like there are plenty of good choices out there at surprisingly moderate rates.
Old Aug 7, 2000, 7:32 pm
CAP

I used the following sight when selecting my hotel in Paris. I was on a very limited budget but hotel was nicer than expected. I liked the fact that there were pictures and comments from other travelers.
www.hotelboulevard.com
Old Aug 9, 2000, 8:08 pm

My Paris favorites, all well-located on the right bank:

Large -- Le Grand and Inter-Continental.

Luxury -- George V.

Small -- San Regis.
Old Aug 10, 2000, 2:34 am

Programs: Lots of shiny colors
About the "surprisingly moderate rates":
>>>Welcome to the land of the weak Euro!

Sorry I can't help you choose a hotel, I can help you about the location but nothing about the interior since I live here...

To make up for this (and as a once in a liftime offer ) drop me an e-mail should you need any help in Paris, I've been wanting to meet another member of the board for quite some time

cheers
jason
Old Aug 10, 2000, 2:37 am

Programs: Lots of shiny colors
BTW, Smooth, you are most welcome to do so too!
Old Aug 11, 2000, 4:42 pm

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Britannique when we were in Paris in January '99. Loved it. Great location. Walk to Notre Dame, Louvre, D'Orsay, close by Metro stations, Rue St. Honore for shopping, and Champs Elysee.

Really friendly staff, and the price is in your price range. I would suggest call, and tell them when you are arriving. Ask them if they have any specials for that time frame. We get a rather substantial discount when I booked my room with them. It's a 3 star hotel, and it turned out to be cheaper than the 2 star we'd stayed in upon arrival in Paris.

They have a website with pictures. Fairly comprehensive.
Jim Barry
Old Aug 11, 2000, 9:13 pm

I always love talking about Paris. If you want to stay in a charming family run hotel may I suggest
Hotel Latour-Maubourg in the 7th arr. on the left bank just across from Les Invalides. I have never been able to stay there because it has been booked up but it is owned by a family who were previously investment bankers and decided to get out of the rat race and buy a very old delapdated hotel and fix it up, they also opened a great bistro near the Palais Royale. They sound like they would do anything to insure a good stay. They have a web site. By the way I have rented an apartment in Paris on the Blvd. St. Germain during Dec 11-21. maybe we could all meet up for a drnk.
Old Aug 12, 2000, 6:58 am

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
If you're willing to forgo class for charm, and save a bundle, try the Hotel St. Louis on the Ile St. Louis. Our first floor corner room looked at over the cobblestones, Notre Dame was a block away, and we paid about $100 a nite! The Agorra in St. Germain is more urban and urbane.....great street market right outside the door on Sundays!
Old Aug 12, 2000, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Slighlty more expensive (quite a bit actually) are the Demeure Baltimore (formerly a Westin) and the LC Prince de Gaulles. I've stayed at both at discounted rates/ Free Fridays and they were fantastic! At that time of the year you should be able to get a good deal (business people tend not to travel around the holidays--so rates at top places go way down.)
Celbrian--a lot of FT'ers seem to get to Paris at some time or another perhaps we should schedule a 'Board Meeting' there??-- or at least an impromptu get together!
Old Dec 11, 2000, 5:47 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Grand Hotels of Paris Receive a Makeover

From the rooms at the front of the Hotel Meurice, tout Paris is laid out in a breathtaking panoramic view. So it makes you wonder what the Sultan of Brunei was thinking when he let the management at his Dorchester Hotel Group put the more expensive junior suites in the back -- looking at a wall.

Granted, that's one of the few things for which the Meurice could be criticized. After a two-year renovation, it has been returned to its former glory as one of the most luxurious hotels in the city. Even the famous Crillon looks a little tired these days by comparison.
http://travel.wsj.com/n/SB976223529603216681-main.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.