Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Fasten your seatbelts everybody! Turbulence can lierally take your breath away.

Old Sep 15, 1999, 5:34 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Sadly, the Deputy Prime Minister of Greece and five other pax died yesterday when their jet encountered heavy turbulence over Roumania and plunged thousands of feet before finally leveling off.

I'm ready to wear my seatbelts as a matter of course now. This was not the first time but I sure hope it is the last!
Old Sep 15, 1999, 7:09 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Air Canada announces that passengers should wear seat belts at all times while seated. Since that CAT east of Japan I wear mine all the time.

Dorian
Old Sep 15, 1999, 4:16 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta Flying Colonel, Lifetime Silver Medallion, Million Miler
A fastened seat belt is free and effective insurance. Still, how many injuries do you hear about where auto travelers suffer for failure to buckle up.
Old Aug 4, 2000, 11:52 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Romanian investigators said Friday that a combination of pilot error and technical problems caused a Greek state executive jet to plunge in mid-air last year, killing a deputy foreign minister and six others.
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/inter...l-greece-.html
Old Aug 12, 2000, 9:50 pm
Don

For folks who aren't very nervous about flying, the NTSB's Website of accident reports makes fascinating reading ... at least a half-dozen in the '90s report injuries to FAs and/or pax from turbulence, whether the result of storms, another plane's wake or simply CAT.
Ignoring the seatbelts is plain dumb.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.