Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap last minute air

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2000, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Cheap last minute air

Is ther a place to get cheap air fare for a last minute traveler? Seems to me that the airlines would love to sell the unused seats inexpensively rather than let them go unused.
Old Aug 10, 2000, 1:18 pm

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
http://www.priceline.com
http://www.bestfares.com

good luck!
Old Aug 10, 2000, 1:22 pm

www.lastminutetravel.com

Hope you find what you are looking for.
Old Aug 10, 2000, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

thanks re: lastminutetravel.com.
Didn't find exactly what I was looking for, but that site is a keeper!
Old Aug 10, 2000, 1:51 pm

Freddy, welcome to FlyerTalk! Years ago the airlines did exactly what you suggested. However, with Yield Management they have discovered better overall ways to increase their revenues through a very complex set of constantly changing projections and formulas. Unfortunately, it does not entail cheap last minute fares.

In addition to the links listed above, another possibility are the Weekly Internet Roundtrip Specials usually posted on various airlines' respective web sites on Wednesdays. Typically, they are valid for the following Saturday as your departure date with the following Monday or Tuesday as your return date. The markets/destinations change weekly. Substantial savings are possible.

[This message has been edited by MRLIMO (edited 08-13-2000).]
Old Aug 11, 2000, 12:00 am

I've used Cirpac travel (www.pricentravel.com) twice in the last year for cheap domestic tickets on CO that have had either no advance purchase requirement or one of only two days - w/Sat. night stay it was about $350 coast-to-cost, without it was about $600 (compared to $1200-$1800 published airfare).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.